1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support White Screen / Blank Screen stand-bye

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by panglos, Sep 26, 2011.

1. panglos

panglos Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Hello,

I've had my phone for a week now and I noticed and increasing occurrence of the problem during the week until it reached the point where I almost get it 100 % of the time

- The phone is not rooted or anything, it's out of the box
    - I've tried clearing the cache via the menu (as I found out how to do on this forum)
    - I tried a factory reset (as I found out how to do on this forum)

The problem is as follows:

When I let the phone go into stand by and I want to wake it up, the screen is completely white.

Rebooting it doesn't solve the problem because then I get a white screen with the start up tune playing but nothing is on the screen. Yanking the battery and restarting it has the same effect .. every now and then it does produce image again but only until I let it go into stand bye again and the problem is there again.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm really starting to get desperate, it's still under warranty but if I bring it in I probably won't see my phone again for a month or so and get a replacement phone from the early 90ties .. If I could avoid that I would be very happy

Advertisement

2. kalikool123

kalikool123 Member
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Kerala
  3. GTNeezar

GTNeezar Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2012
    Hi there,
    I had the same problems and Tired to flash it, but now I can't even connect the phone to PC to continue the process using ODIN