1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support White screen with HZC logo after exit from app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Booky, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Booky

Booky Member
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    I have white screen with htc logo after exiting from app. I used to have this problem, but in few days once, but now it happened when I exit from any app, so I need to restart phone, after that it's ok, but then it start to do damm thing again. I'm not using any task killer, not even system one. phone is not rooted, it's with sense 3.0, everything stock. Please, help.

Advertisement

2. Booky

Booky Member
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    Anyone?

3. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    You say everything is stock, but have you installed any apps/widgets/live wallpaper at all? That's one thing to check to see if its one of those causing the issue.

I'd also look at the battery stats to see if there's any app there that's perhaps using too much power for what it is, pointing to some sort of issue, Menu > Settings > About phone > Battery > Battery use.

You can also look at Total memory in Task Manager, Pull down Notification bar > Quick settings > Total memory and see if you're running out of free memory, although there is a setting to notify you if the memory gets too low (see Menu > Settings > Applications > Notifications).

Is everything syncing ok? Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Sync all to check.

You can try a soft reset, Power off phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace and power on. That sometimes solves these kind of issues; it's different from just switching the phone off/on.

The last resort is a factory reset, which may get rid of the problem. Back-up your data before doing this.

4. Booky

Booky Member
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    My buttery usage is normal, phone is week old so I don't have many apps. When memory os bellow 80mb it starts to show white screen, so I kill large apps that I dont use.

5. notebook

None

Jun 10, 2011
    The phone should be able to function adequately (albeit maybe more slowly) with less than 50MB. Unless your phone is regularly dipping under that, and by quite a margin, then the amount of free memory is unlikely to be the cause of your problem.

What's the software version on your phone and who's your provider? (This information is useful for other people to refer to if they have similar problems.) Menu > Settings > About phone > Software information > Software number

6. Booky

Booky Member
    None

Mar 15, 2010
    Sense 3.0

Latest update for desire s.

Really don't know what is the problem. I was using android since 1.5, so I'm not new to this world.

7. notebook

None

Jun 10, 2011
    Unless you can tolerate killing apps manually at any given time, I'd look at doing a factory reset to see if that sorts things out, especially as you haven't installed many apps yet.

Tags: