• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Sprint Hero

zerotohero

Sep 18, 2009
I'll keep my first post simple.

I have yet to see even a screen shot of a white Sprint Hero. Is Sprint offering their Hero in multiple colors?

If so will it be available on launch day 10/11?

I talked to a Sprint rep and they are pretty tight lipped on anything to do with the hero as it's "not even in their system" yet.

I re-upped my Sprint contract at the beginning of the month in anticipation of getting the Hero, and and am patiently waiting to get my hands on it so I can spike my god awful dinosaur nextel phone on the sidewalk.

I re-upped my Sprint contract at the beginning of the month in anticipation of getting the Hero, and and am patiently waiting to get my hands on it so I can spike my god awful dinosaur nextel phone on the sidewalk.

Im confused about the re-upping. Did you renew your contract? Or are you currently waiting to renew when the Hero comes out?

And Quantum...

Assuming that the cover splits at about half it would still leave quite a bit of black rubber on the front and sides. Not sure how good that would look with different colored backs.

Upvote 0
I just meant that the aluminum face would remain the same color (most likely wont be anodized or anything), and the rest of the phone (currently a re-enforced black plastic) would have several colors to choose from.

what some people dont know is you can use clothing dye to make it whatever color you want... well most of them... i did it to my touch pro when i had that phone

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got all that.

What I havent seen is how the back pops off but what Im thinking it is just past the volume rocker button heading away from the face. Which would leave a lot of the black rubber around the front & sides. Im sure there will be different backplates for it, I just dont know how good they are going to look if you cant change the molding on the top half.

For instance. A hard white plastic back, in my mind, is not going to look so good bumping up against the black rubber on the front half.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones