1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

White Stylo and possible OTA?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blu8, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

I was on the MetroPCS website and noticed that they are now selling a white colored Stylo, no signs of this on the T-Mobile site though. I also noticed that there's a new entry in the LG open source website, says version 10L.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

tube517 and daffyducknj like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast

It says LolliPop, no sign of MarshMallow yet still...

I wonder if 10L will be able to be ported to us or if the device is the same in anyway or any hardware differences. Also noticed it's not listed as a LGMS631 this time it's a LGh631 (T-Mobile model name).

Got curious and searched MS631 and there's a 10L for us too, http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=MS631 maybe it's a prep update in order to take and get MM.

daffyducknj likes this.
  3. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

zimlokks likes this.
  4. n1nj4Lo

At least now we know the Stylo sold well enough to be released a second time around in a different color...

That's good news for those in hopes of a G Stylo 2, I bet we'll see one in the Summer or Fall this year.

daffyducknj likes this.
  5. bb225

bb225 Newbie

hey Blu8 ,downloading sumthing from there ,instalation process? ur like a new family member :)

6. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

That's source code, can't install it bro

7. n1nj4Lo

I was in a metroPCS and seen it today, it's white and rosegold... Meh, too girly styled for me!! LoL

Blu8 likes this.
  8. bb225

bb225 Newbie

hi this is a grey stylo 5.1.1.i have a samsung galaxy prime that i rooted with the same tools as with the lg ,this one is stuck black screen yellow triangle, on top of screen 'Custom binary blocked by
    FRP OR FAP
    SECURE FAIL:KERNNEL]. back to lg what about the flashing rom to gain wifi status again ?

9. bb225

bb225 Newbie

hey ,mine is grey. everything is smooth
    cept for my wifi..

10. bb225

bb225 Newbie

mines all gray believe me not into pink phones ha ha ha

11. n1nj4Lo

Is it the Galaxy Core Prime G360T1~> http://rootmygalaxy.net/restore-met...m-g360t1-to-stock-android-5-1-1-lollipop-rom/

Follow those directions if so...

And theres this too http://androidforums.com/threads/custom-binary-blocked-by-frp-secure-fail-kernel.983271/

#11 n1nj4Lo, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  12. Blood_Wolf89

Blood_Wolf89 Lurker

I was the first person to get the White Stylo from MetroPCS...

Android Version: 5.1.1
    Kernel Version: 3.10.49
    Build #: LMY47V
    Software version: MS63110J

Model #: LGMS631
    Hardware Version: Rev. 1.0

When was the official release date for the white?

Blu8 likes this.
  13. bb225

bb225 Newbie

so the 50 dollar question can i git my wi fly home ta roost Ladys and gentlemen?
    gon ta twitter 4 a bit , @peaceOmind22 if y'all fol/back ✌
    thanks for the contact,not sure how white stylo came up ,i have all grey version, ms631 5.1.1 made 12/2015. problem is the one i have is a warranty replacement. it had another phone number on sid card.so eho knows what use it had befor i got it.there is a problem with the wifi ,a you tuber has a vid about flashing on n off wifi switch on pull down screen, but alas i had already cooked da goose..... but no my phone is all gray..bb225

14. bb225

bb225 Newbie

just looked at your specs same as mine , to be honest i've only started mess n with wifi 2 months ago. i dont game ,i do tweet tho alot ..ha ha. have netfix, headphones on while tweet n , gotta have da musac...

15. Blood_Wolf89

Blood_Wolf89 Lurker

Read the title of the thread... lol It is about the White Stylo

16. bb225

bb225 Newbie

I also have a samsung galaxy grand prime , that has the custom binary blocked by FRP , ALL this is NOT SPAM.My lack of knowledge in this field led me to purchase the lg stylo thinking the samsung was permently bricked.I have now learned that in obtaining a usb cable there is a program(s) that can be run to get back into it.There are 11 recovery logs on the samung first 2 unnumbered the rest 1 through 9
    /cache/recovery/last_log.9 is exactly as its worded.Please again this is not spam this is an old hippy try'n ta b nifty.. (it ryhmes ok ... Ha ha ha) what ever fix is easier (lg no wifi) or samsung my disability money comes wenz'D, so i can get back ta my own device(this my friends)

17. bb225

bb225 Newbie

Sorry Blu8 still dont know how to navigate to open my own seperate reply.peace✌ps Blu8 you were spot on with your guidence on my Lg stylo, wish you would help me now...

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews