• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whither Gmail? After GB update Gmail no longer in Messaging widget.h

LazLong

Lurker
Apr 6, 2011
Before I upgraded from 4.1.83 to 4.5.91 2.3.4, whatever you want to call it, the Messaging widget contained the following:

Universal Inbox
Text Messaging
Gmail
Yahoo

After upgrading all but Gmail appears in the Messaging widget. When I edit the Universal Inbox from within the Messaging widget the only selections that appear with checkboxes are Text Messaging and Yahoo; Gmail isn't a choice. I deleted one of my Gmail accounts and re-added it, and it still didn't appear in the Messaging widget.

Could someone please explain how to get Gmail back into the Messaging widget so that I may select it as one of the items I want to appear in the Universal Inbox?

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply. As my original post states, I already tried that. I deleted and re-added one of my three Gmail accounts, but it didn't show up in the Messaging widget.

You said you deleted ONE of the accounts.
Perhaps I wasn't clear.... Remove ALL of them. Completely break the connections. THEN, re-add one back and see if that re-sets it.

And, I don't mean remove one, re-add it, remove another, re-add it.... I mean remove all 3, reboot the phone, THEN re-add them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones