• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who all has one now?

had played with the hero, read all the reviews and liked it, but as others noted, you can upgrade software, but you can't upgrade the hardware, which is a step or two above the hero... overall, I love the moment... screen is responsive, didn't think a physical keyboard would be important but it is MUCH better than having an onscreen one... only thing I wish it had that the hero does is adobe flash and multi-touch, but both of these are coming with android 2.0...

Joey

Upvote 0
had played with the hero, read all the reviews and liked it, but as others noted, you can upgrade software, but you can't upgrade the hardware, which is a step or two above the hero... overall, I love the moment... screen is responsive, didn't think a physical keyboard would be important but it is MUCH better than having an onscreen one... only thing I wish it had that the hero does is adobe flash and multi-touch, but both of these are coming with android 2.0...

Joey
i think i read somewhere that 2.0 will have native support for multi-touch but it will not be implemented due to copyright, so it's up to manufacturers to add that functionality to the software.

Upvote 0
Was beating down the door to the Sprint Store yesterday, could not wait for them to open. Been all over this phone, on the web, dloading apps, messageing... I love it!!! The ONLY problem I have with it is I can not seem to be able to access my Yahoo mail without useing the browser going to Yahoo => Mail => sign in ect... Kinda annoying... if anyone knows a way around this lemme know!

How to set up Yahoo Pop3 email without Mail Plus........(meaning setting up a free account)...

Go to Yahoo Mail, Options, Account Info, Set language/Time Zone, then choose YAHOO ASIA. This will give you access to POP settings (which you don't have now unless you have mail plus).

Under the yahoo pop mail settings, it will tell you how to set up a pop 3 mail connection. Just set that up on your Moment and you are good to go. I have 2 yahoo mail accounts set up this way.

Upvote 0
From a guy's perspective....

The Hero is the chick I want to be seen with (my poster girl). The Moment is the girl I want to fall in love with, marry, and have children with.

The Hero is a little more sexy, is all made up (Sense UI /widgets/lighter/thinner) but underneath the skin...too many issues that make living with it a challenged relationship at best. Never fulfulling expectations, kind of ugly with you get to what lies beneath.

The Moment is good looking, sweet, a bit sexy, dependable, not so much make up and the relationship is what you thought it would be....SOLID!

You can marry the looker and make do (or worse) or marry the "plain jane" and keep the smiles growing because each day brings happiness over the experience.

Upvote 0

The Hero is the chick I want to be seen with (my poster girl). The Moment is the girl I want to fall in love with, marry, and have children with.

The Hero is a little more sexy, is all made up (Sense UI /widgets/lighter/thinner) but underneath the skin...too many issues that make living with it a challenged relationship at best. Never fulfulling expectations, kind of ugly with you get to what lies beneath.

The Moment is good looking, sweet, a bit sexy, dependable, not so much make up and the relationship is what you thought it would be....SOLID!

You can marry the looker and make do (or worse) or marry the "plain jane" and keep the smiles growing because each day brings happiness over the experience.

That is a damn good analogy!

Upvote 0

The Droid must be the mistress you gotta have, and can't be seen with.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new to Android (Palm user for years) and new to the forum. Eligible for an upgrade, I picked up the Hero 2 weeks ago. Instantly fell in love with Android! However, I soon realized I have defective thumbs because I could not use the touch keypad. Typing was a nightmare for me and even when I only had to click an "ok" button, I had to hit it 3 or 4 times for it to take. So when I heard about the Moment and that I could keep Android but get back my keyboard, I was thrilled. I didn't know what Sense UI was, but I figured the tradeoff to get the keyboard would be worth it. I have to say the Hero was a tad easier to navigate and use, but so far I really prefer the moment. Having my keyboard back and the speed of loading has made me a happy, happy woman. However, all the apps are overwhelming me. I guess I just have to read and try to navigate all this information.

My only complaints so far:

battery life. The Hero had battery issues, but I found a thread that said it was the messaging app. Once I switched to a messaging app the battery was amazing. I cannot seem to find out what to do to address the battery issues I'm having on the Moment.

space key. The space key is built to be pushed from either side (not in the middle of the key). It will just take some getting used to, but so far, I've had to do a lot of backspacing to insert spaces in my text.

To very minor issues for such a sweet phone. The touch screen, imho, is FAR superior to the Hero and the clarity is better as well.

Anyway, nice to meet you!

Upvote 0
Decided against the Hero, being female, I need a physical keyboard. Glad I waited for the Moment. I had to change my first one out because there was a short or something with the battery(glad I bought it at Best Buy and didnt have to fight Sprint and the 'prove it' attitude:)) Love the phone after coming from a Touch'piece of crapola'Pro. Windows Mobile user for years, but am glad to break away. Still getting use to adding apps for everything instead of coming on the phone, but I love that the only things on my phone are the things that I want.

Had to get used the the keyboard, but I type fast on it now. The screen is amazing, and it is like a rocket compared to the aforementioned piece of crapola. The battery issue appears to be the meter inaccuracy not the actual battery after a lot of playing with it. The battery lasted over an hour at 3% playing on it the whole time, so something is definitely up there.

Glad to have joined the Droid Nation!

Upvote 0
Decided against the Hero, being female, I need a physical keyboard.

Say WHAAAT?:eek::thinking:

I'm in as of 2 hrs ago. Unfortunartely, because of a server side glitch it took forever to get data working. The tech used up most of the battery re provisioning it over and over, so I haven't played with it a lot yet. Goodbye Touch Pro, you won't be missed nor will I ever think back fondly about our time together. I'm still deciding which would be more satisfying, selling it on ebay or throwing it against a brick wall. So far, I'm leaning towards the wall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones