1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Who am I, uh.. I mean who I am.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RobertWL, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RobertWL

RobertWL Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    Electrical Engineer
    Philadelphia
    This is my first forum, and I'm not sure why I chose it over some others that are out there. I guess it's because the one thread I stumbled into while trying to research a question had a bunch of mostly thoughtful posts which were not just rants full of obscenities. I am a new Android user of the Cricket variety, and neither the manufacturer's instructions (Huawei M860) nor my carrier's instructions have enough information about my phone and service to allow me to set up my phone the way I want.

I am a mature (in my second half century of life), married male, living in the suburbs of Philadelphia, an electrical engineer by trade, whose main avocation is choral singing. Those are the big items. We'll leave it there.

Now to show you how much I don't know about this kind of community, I'm looking at the items below this text box and wondering what they are talking about. I'm allowed to add 25 tags to this thread, but I'm not going to do it because I have no idea what a tag is. There's also something about Trackbacks. That's obviously English, so I can't say "It's Greek to me," but I don't know what it means. I think I understand the icons, but I'm going to pass on that one because I think I will be able to make myself clear enough without having to underscore my point with an emoticon.

So that's it. I'll now try to find my thread of interest and post my original question.

Robert

Advertisement

2. Hyndon

Hyndon Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    The Sunshine State
    Welcome to the Android Forums! Glad to have you here. :)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!