1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Who do I contact?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darthmario, Sep 9, 2010.

1. darthmario

darthmario Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I have been having a lot of problems with my phone including the scrolling to the left problem, which is a hardware issue. I contacted Verizon centralized customer service today and spoke to someone who said since I have insurance on my phone I can contact Asurion and get it replaced (for a fee). He of course told me that it was NOT a known issue, and we can discuss replacement possibilities with another phone if I end up having similar issues with a replacement Eris.

I have had this phone for 9 months so it is still under manufacturer's warrantee. Shouldn't I be able to get it replaced for free via Verizon and not Asurion?

My question is should I contact a Verizon STORE and speak with a supervisor, or is my only option to go through Asurion and pay the fee to replace my phone (more likely than not only to have to replace it again).

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Try calling again, and, if that isn't helpful, try going into a store. The trackball issue has been reported many times in this forum. I simply cannot believe sometimes how different people's experiences are with Verizon customer support.

You can ask them to go into google and enter this search term: eris trackball problem - it's pretty clear that you are not the only person who has suffered from this.

3. darthmario

darthmario Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I guess my question is - When I'm at the Verizon automated menu when I dial into a local store, should I push 3 for equipment questions/problems or push 4 for centralized customer service

one takes me to the store employees/supervisors
    one takes me to some call center somewhere in the US

4. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Why not just go to a physical store?

5. darthmario

darthmario Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I've heard it's much better to call - that they will just do a factory reset and send you on your way if you go into the store

6. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    i just went through all of this, so heres what you do

call (800) 922-0204 from a landline
    enter your cell number
    option 3 for tech support, then give your short explanation
    option 0 for a real person

then explain that your having issues and need a refurb. they wont give you a hard time about getting a replacement, its a pretty easy process, ive gone through 6 already :eek:

7. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Business Owner
    NC
    I told the guy on the that I had to have a working phone for work. So they are sending me a Droid 2.

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went to the store, and they just sent a request for a replacement phone. Of course, I think I probably had the manager so he was actually competent, and also owned an Incredible so its not like he was a complete idiot when it came to Android phones.