• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who else is waiting?

I can't get an updgrade until October (I got an early upgrade when I cracked my OG Droid screen back in April of 11). By then, there will be something that I'm sure will float my boat. If I could upgrade now however, I'd get a Rezound over anything else. I still may get one when I'm due as I'm loving my wife's Inc2 and how smooth and snappy it is. Plus, by then, the Rezound will be much cheaper perhaps even free.

If Verizon would release an equivalent to the Samsung Note, I'd seriously consider that as well.

Upvote 0
well it would be great competition for the galaxy nexus

as most of us prefer motorola quality to any other, however after being scorned by motorola and false mentions of unlocked the bootloader in the new phones, they have pretty much lost the efforts of the dev community.

so until it is truly unlocked and/or relockable, you wont see a strong dev community for it

Upvote 0
as most of us prefer motorola quality to any other, however after being scorned by motorola and false mentions of unlocked the bootloader in the new phones, they have pretty much lost the efforts of the dev community.

so until it is truly unlocked and/or relockable, you wont see a strong dev community for it

QFT. Motorola has the best build quality IMO by a wide margin. Their radios are top notch too. But after the OG Droid, they haven't released a developer friendly phone since. Plus, Blur just sucks no matter the iteration.

I'm definitely planning on jumping off the Moto train unless the Google/Moto "partnership" turns up some interesting surprises. But I won't hold my breath.

Upvote 0
My DX is acting up lately, and it's driving me insane. Everything slows to a crawl and I don't know why. I'm going to start uninstalling apps that I don't ever use to see if it helps, but at this point, March 19 can't get here fast enough. VZW will give me an extra $50 off when I upgrade, but I figure by then, I can get the Maxx or Nexus for even less from a 3rd party like Amazon or Costco. Then again, two months is an eternity in phone years and there may be a whole slew of new stuff ready or about to be released by then.

Upvote 0
My DX is acting up lately, and it's driving me insane. Everything slows to a crawl and I don't know why. I'm going to start uninstalling apps that I don't ever use to see if it helps, but at this point, March 19 can't get here fast enough. VZW will give me an extra $50 off when I upgrade, but I figure by then, I can get the Maxx or Nexus for even less from a 3rd party like Amazon or Costco. Then again, two months is an eternity in phone years and there may be a whole slew of new stuff ready or about to be released by then.

Are you rooted?

Upvote 0
Bought my "X" on launch day and it still serving me well. Best phone I've ever had actually.

I thought we might get some info on the upcoming phones at CES, but nope...

Now I'm hanging my hat on Mobile World Congress towards the end of this month. I'm hoping for some good info on the upcoming superphones and maybe some insight on the 2nd generation LTE radios that are rumored to be much less power hungry than the current LTE radios.

If they do announce some nice phones they most likely won't be launched until 2/3/4th qtr of this year. But like I said my "X" is treating me really well and I'll have no problem waiting. My only concern is that how can I ever get a phone that I like better than my Droid X?

Time will tell. I'm patiently/impatiently waiting for the release of my next phone.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delayed reply, but yes, I am rooted. Why? Can I do something to make it better? I rooted not for new ROMs or themes, but mostly to ditch ads (my kids were clicking on all kinds of crap!) and to pull things from certain APKs. I have TB as well, but have not frozen anything.

i would suggest you post something with this information in the All Things Root section so that your question will be answered quicker. and with better information on it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones