1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root who gets overheating?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by akikhia, May 2, 2012.

1. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    ok i been underclocked for a while at 650 today i put at 950 and right away the phone got hot after a lil surfing and youtube while plugged in... wth? do u guys get overheating like that when not underclocked?? i need some input maybe i need a replacement?

Advertisement

2. SegamanXero

SegamanXero Well-Known Member
    None

I have only rooted my phone and changed the battery icon... I have not had any overheat issues at all. Sometimes when charging it may get a little warm sometimes, but nothing that I would deem a problem by any means.

My previous POS of a phone was a Samsung Galaxy Indulge, which probably idled when I was doing nothing at 90f, and with the slightest form of LTE activity would go up to 115f. This was due to a first gen 4G LTE chipset, as the indulge had normal temps (50f or so) when LTE was disabled (also normal battery life).

3. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    what is ur use on the connect?

4. SegamanXero

None

Light to moderate web browsing throughout the day, random phone calls as well and sometimes I surf and talk at the same time. Most of the time I might be using apps or games on it. For games I have been playing Drawsomething, Fruit Ninja, and the Minecraft Demo a bit... A couple emulators, Nes.Emu & Snes9x EX as well

For apps, the usual stuff, Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram, and Baconreader for reddit... Randomly throughout the day...

Also CatchTheBus, and MBTA Realtime T for monitoring public transit times in my area...

With all that in mind, I get about 7-8hrs or so before needing a charge... Maybe 6-7hrs if in a area with a bad signal...

5. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    can i request that u try streaming video if u have an unlimited plan at indoor air temperature and see at what temperature your phone operates. if u do that try it while plugged in as well.

6. SegamanXero

None

Sure no problem, actually I forgot to mention... I also use Netflix on my phone... Usually I do it over wifi though to not hurt Metro's towers...

I do have a grandfathered $50 unlimited LTE plan (From the days of the Galaxy Indulge/Samsung Craft where the only LTE Phones), where I get 3mbps up and down all month long without a point where they will throttle me extra hard if I reach a cap.

I will watch something on battery & charger and get back to you how hot it will get. FYI, currently where I live ambient temps for my room will be around 70~f

7. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    that would b great. ya my main issues are with netflix or youtube and prolonged browsing. wow i had no idea they had the 50 unlimited im on the 60 grandfathrted now im jealous haha

8. akikhia

akikhia Android Expert
    None

Oct 24, 2011
    did u happen to get that tested yet?