• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who got the update??

My wife as still not got her update yet. What is the hold up?

I am still waiting for mine and no one on the forum has answered my posts regarding whether I will get it since I received the first update before it was halted. I am not rooted or leaked and am running 2.1 OTA and expecting the update. I received the previous update rather quickly so am concerned as to why I haven't yet received this one yet. I have the 50% signal bug and possibly the silent bug so really want the update. Anyone know what the hold up is or if those that received the first update won't get this one?

Upvote 0
I am still waiting for mine and no one on the forum has answered my posts regarding whether I will get it since I received the first update before it was halted. I am not rooted or leaked and am running 2.1 OTA and expecting the update. I received the previous update rather quickly so am concerned as to why I haven't yet received this one yet. I have the 50% signal bug and possibly the silent bug so really want the update. Anyone know what the hold up is or if those that received the first update won't get this one?

If you received the official OTA (not a leak) in the spring, I can't think of anything that would lead me to believe that you wouldn't receive this latest update. Seems to me that it has been rolling out pretty slowly, but that's just my opinion, perhaps it's just a low volume of people reporting that they've received it. Is there something particular you hope this update addresses? From reading, it doesn't appear to me that the update is very..."monumental"?

Upvote 0
If you received the official OTA (not a leak) in the spring, I can't think of anything that would lead me to believe that you wouldn't receive this latest update. Seems to me that it has been rolling out pretty slowly, but that's just my opinion, perhaps it's just a low volume of people reporting that they've received it. Is there something particular you hope this update addresses? From reading, it doesn't appear to me that the update is very..."monumental"?

Some have suggested that it will address the silent call bug and others have said it has sped up their phone since I think I have the silent call bug and my phone is definitely laggy I would like to have the update to see if it helps either of those issues.

Upvote 0
Some have suggested that it will address the silent call bug and others have said it has sped up their phone since I think I have the silent call bug and my phone is definitely laggy I would like to have the update to see if it helps either of those issues.

Have you considered rooting your phone? On mine, it certainly helped with the performance. I know there's a lot of posts about rooting, the process has become very easy, and user friendly. After root, you can adjust things on your phone as simple, or as complicated as you wish. If you're not interested in much more, you can just flash one ROM to your phone, and do nothing else; and one can easily unroot as well. In terms of the "silent bug", I had to return my for a replacement because it went from intermittent to frequent; I had thought it was a hardware problem, and that no firmware update would fix this. I don't know if I've ever read anything that convinces me otherwise yet.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I woke up this morning to see the update was ready to install. But when I tried to install it it started to then came up with a ! inside a Triangle shortly after? I am rooted and have the Overclock Kernel installed but running everything else stock. Could this be the problem? Should I download it and install it manually?

Here is the OTA if anyone wants to manually install it.
MEGAUPLOAD - Eris OTA update July 2010

Upvote 0
Since getting the OTA a couple of days ago (I was on 2.1v3 leak) my phone is a bit more responsive and the dialer is definitely faster. The screens scroll more quickly and the All Programs pops up faster too. I have also noticed that the number of programs that seem to open on their own are fewer and my available memory is around 70mb where it used to be in the mid 30mb range before. So far so good..........

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for months now but just registered today so that I can post. First of all, I appreciate all of the knowledgeable members of this forum. There is a wealth of information here. You guys are amazing!

Now, of course, I am posting for a reason (problem). I have a 2.1 OTA unrooted Eris. I received the OTA update last night and everything went fine. The problem is that now my notification bar says "Blank SD card SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem." I didn't remove it before installing the update since the email I received from Verizon didn't suggest this.

I know everything is still there because all of my pics show up in the right places and videos in my text messages still run. I really don't want to lose everything on my memory card but don't know what to do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Upvote 0
Why do you turn the phone face down? Does it prevent anything? Or just a habit?
Peter

I don't know about him but I put mine face down also. Since speaker is on back side I do it to be sure I hear it ring. Just became habit. Really depends on surface. Like throwing it down on the bed and the ringer gets muffled by the blanket.

My wife has a rubber wrap around case. If she puts it face up on a smooth surface like the counter top or glass table the rubber seals the speaker up. You can be standing right next to it and not hear it ring.

Upvote 0
Its a bug with your battery, if you go into settings>about phone>battery>cell standby and you see "TIME WITHOUT SIGNAL 50%" it means you have the bug. Technically no-one knows what it actually does but some people believe it has an effect on battery life. To get rid of the 50% number go into airplane mode, put phone to sleep, wait for about 15 seconds, turn screen back on and turn airplane mode back off. The number will slowly drop to 0%, which is good.

Under Battery I have:

Battery Status
Battery Level
Battery Use
Up Time
Awake Time

Where is this so-called "Cell Standby"?

Upvote 0
I just received the update. I checked system updates, nothing. I did the *#*#checkin#*#* it said "checkin successful", then I went back to system updates and there it was. I still have the 50% without signal bug. Dialer seems more responsive. Weather widget finally shows my correct location.(I currently use weather bug elite). Thats all I have noticed so far.

Upvote 0
Just got a warranty replacement phone on Monday because of the silent call bug (happened at LEAST once a day!) and then the new phone out of the box..... took till the second call to go silent on me (ba***rds). Got the update this morning and am really hoping they have it solved, as reported the phone (dialer app) is snappier, no more waiting for ten seconds in between each number press. will wait and see if the silent bug pops up again as it seems quite random (although frequent).

EDIT: BTW I'm in Minneapolis, MN

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones