• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who got the update??

have any rooted user applied this update ?

Not sure what you are asking, really.

The updates that come from HTC check software versions very carefully and will abort immediately if they don't match.... so, the "as is" updates won't even run on most custom ROMs.

Moreover, the updates are actually installed by the recovery boot, and the program "/sbin/recovery" ... which is different enough between the Stock recovery image and Amon_RA recovery, that they are incompatible.

So, most rooters haven't used this today, but over time it is likely that some of the application fixes will make it in to newer ROMs, or each ROM dev will create an overlay update using bits and pieces from this update - released on whatever schedule they thing is appropriate.

eu1

Upvote 0
Not sure what you are asking, really.

The updates that come from HTC check software versions very carefully and will abort immediately if they don't match.... so, the "as is" updates won't even run on most custom ROMs.

Moreover, the updates are actually installed by the recovery boot, and the program "/sbin/recovery" ... which is different enough between the Stock recovery image and Amon_RA recovery, that they are incompatible.

So, most rooters haven't used this today, but over time it is likely that some of the application fixes will make it in to newer ROMs, or each ROM dev will create an overlay update using bits and pieces from this update - released on whatever schedule they thing is appropriate.

eu1
Not to mention some ROM's are very different from the stock Sense ROM, so I don't think directly applying them would work.

Upvote 0
Got mine on Friday night... not sure what it fixes. Haven't noticed any differences yet. Although, I should add that I feel like one of the lucky ones...Have had my Eris since Nov. 09 and haven't experienced nearly the same negative issues that people here complain about... so, take that for what it's worth. The only thing I notice is a slow dialer/phone reaction time when placing calls and such. Most likely do a factory reset opition here today, just to clean things up a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones