• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who got the update??

just got the update notice..... even though Im using a different rom (odd)........ I tried it but of course it didnt install LOL....... it tried to install then aborted.... oh well.... beauty of the roms..... within a few days theyll all have the update worked into them..... the rom I use already has a new version with it I just havent installed it yet

Upvote 0
It does work. That's how I got the 2.1 update. I got this particular update by going into the Android Market, which has a way of checking in as well to see if there are updates available for apps. Apparently, it checks for available OTA's while it's at it.

I don't think that is correct. It is possible that you received an OTA close to the time of using the checkin service, but I don't believe that service queries for anything other than application updates.

Of course, anything is possible with these things. ;)

Upvote 0
Will do! It's been running for several hours now and has been treating the battery much better than it ever has and doesn't waste it searching for a signal anymore. And I'm using default settings!

Yeah, I'll keep everyone updated.

The strangest thing happened. The 50% without signal bug showed up again after I installed Swype and my bluetooth earpiece. However, the battery is still holding out MUCH better than ever, even with the bug. The Airplane Mode trick still works.

Upvote 0
I missed out in the excitement of receiving the OTA update and the process of installing it. :( I apparently installed the update in my sleep.

I vaguely remember waking up and seeing it. But upon waking up this morning, I couldn't recall if it was a dream or not.

Had to come here and compare the Software numbers..

Yep I had installed it in my sleep. :(

Upvote 0
I missed out in the excitement of receiving the OTA update and the process of installing it. :( I apparently installed the update in my sleep.

I vaguely remember waking up and seeing it. But upon waking up this morning, I couldn't recall if it was a dream or not.

Had to come here and compare the Software numbers..

Yep I had installed it in my sleep. :(
I also will never know the thrill of installing an OTA since I keep installing these updates manually and this will probably be the last one for the Eris :(.

Upvote 0
Question above. I downloaded & installed 2.1 OTA from stock 1.5 in April. I then downloaded & installed 2.1 MR4 this morning. I still have the 50% without signal bug, and this thread recommends doing a factory reset. Will this put me back at 1.5 or 2.1 pre-MR4? If so, what are my next steps to get back to the current OS/ROM? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones