• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has 3D tv?!

3DTV

• I have it now

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I want it, its worth it

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No thank you

Votes: 23 92.0%

• Total voters
I thikn it was 4k resolution tvs that I saw a post on recently those to me are more interesting higher resolution wins for me.

That is FAR off in my opinion. DVDs would look horrible on a 4k resolution TV since they're far lower resolution. It's like playing a game in 1024 x 768 on a 1650 x 1080 resolution screen. It just doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Ok just wanted to get a few opinions in case anyone already has been experiencing it. In the coming 2 weeks I will be in the market for a new TV. Right now I'm looking at this one right now

58" 1080p 3D Plasma TV Series 8 | Samsung PN58C8000 - Plasma TVs

Do you think having a 3D tv is worth it right now? I mean I think Id rather have it just in case and have the option than buying a new tv and not having the option. thoughts?

A 3D TV is just a TV with an option to display 3D images, nothing more. 90% of the time you will be watching regular tv. With saying that I love my 3D tv. I play my pc games on it, watch my 3D bluray movies, ps3 games and 3D pictures. I own a legacy dlp set but if I was going to get a new set I would also get a plasma. They are fast which is important when it come to 3D sets and they have great blacks. I love the Panasonic Vt25

Panasonic VT25 plasma wins HDTV shootout

Upvote 0
I was looking at a 3D tv in store display and the 3D effect is only going "in" the tv. Is that the way they all work or was it just the movie they were playing? I mean...two years ago in the airport in Shenzhen, China they had tvs displaying ads where the image was coming out at you and without glasses.

I'm going through Shenzhen Airport next month. Will be interesting to see this no-glasses 3D, if it's still there.

Upvote 0
I'm going through Shenzhen Airport next month. Will be interesting to see this no-glasses 3D, if it's still there.

If i remember correctly they were near or in front of the security lines where everyone lines up, so maybe the tvs were set up there because everyone will be looking from the same direction. They were overhead monitors. The ad i remember seeing was a treasure chest where it opened up and gold coins came out at you.

Upvote 0
merf

.... I say just wait til around christmas... def. go 3d.... but wait... people are right, prices will drop... also.. you might want to consider researching the release dates of next years models... it would suck to buy one and a month later the new one comes out. IMHO. thats what happened to me :-/

Yes CES is in January, so most of the new models will be revealed there. I would love to attend that , get a hard on thinking of it. Trouble is the new models usually demand a big price..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones