• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has cool paid applications?

iAndroiid

Android Enthusiast
Dec 24, 2009
New Jersey
List all the cool paid applications you've got.

GAMES
Antibody
Bejeweled
iDracula
RoboDefense
Air Hockey
Raging Thunder
Robo Defense
SNesoid (play super nintendo games)
What The Doodle
Raging Thunder 2

TOOLS
LOCK 2.0 (another lock screen)
SnapIt (take pictures and read copy text through taking a picture)
Better Keyboard (best keyboard other than the factory keyboard)
Better Cut
Album Art Grabber (finds alblum art work for songs you have on your phone w/o alblum pictures)
City Caller ID (caller id for your phone)
TubeDroid (Youtube Downloader)
LockBot Pro (another lock your phone application)
FastFoodCal (Fast Food Calorie Counter)
Locale (set certain areas to make your phone change it's settings/ringtones/vibrate etc)
Smart Keyboard Pro (another better keyboard)
aBTC (bit torrent downloaded)
Fast Food Calorie Counter
I Music Tao
Phone My PC (connect to your computer through phone. VNC Viewer Basically)
xScope
Car Home

OTHER
aHome
Open Home
aHome
GDE

What he said.
Thanks for the info on 2.1. That pretty much seals it for me, I'll wait for the OTA.

You may still have problems -- after the last 2 "official" OTA updates, copy protected apps (including paid apps and some free ones) disappeared from the marketplace for a few days to a week. Something with the way Verizon, HTC, and Google communicate data about valid phones has some batch/manual steps to it. I believe apps that are already installed still work during that time, but you can't find them or reinstall them (presumably including bug fixes/updates) if you do a clean reset/installation.

This is one reason I shy away from paid apps (I paid for Weatherbug Elite, but of course can't reinstall it on 2.1, which I LOVE BTW, until sometime after the OTA I presume). I don't mind paying a few $$ for something good, but not if I'm going to lose it or have to be without it each time an update comes in. Google really needs to address this in the market architecture, or it's going to stifle the market revenue.

Upvote 0
Lock 2.0, Police Stream, Fishin' 2 Go, and Urban Dictionary. (Haven't seen a bloodbank app, but it reminded me of a cool free app called "safe neighborhood." It's a map application that searches for registered sex offenders near your location (or you can enter an address). I am a Police Officer and checked it out to see if it was accurate/out-dated... pretty damn accurate. Has pictures of the offenders, their address, and most of the time what they were charged with.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones