• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who Has Reserved/Preordered EPIC??

What is your Epic ownership status?

• I have reserved/preordered my Epic.

Votes: 87 77.0%
  • I did not preorder, but I plan to try to purchase ASAP.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I am waiting for first hand reviews.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I am completely undecided.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm just an Epic forum troll.

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i reserved at 2 sprint store in chicago, i have friends =), i am on the list at radio shack #1 on the list of 6.

some are going to take this the wrong way, but if you are reserving phones come in to the black neighborhoods, reason why is us as blacks/aa dont reserve. the list in chicago are crazy open. if you go the predominantly white areas the list are long.

Upvote 0
i preordered at BB as well. I don't think the demand is going to be as high because they aren't advertising this phone for some reason. All I see is EVO ads everywhere. So maybe they don't intend for there to be a rush initially or maybe they don't have a high supply so they don't want too high of a buzz. Im not sure what the reason but it is a shame that one of the best phones available isn't getting marketed.

Upvote 0
I reserved mine from a Sprint store more than an hour away because all the local Sprint stores had the preorders already filled up. On launch day I will go to my local Radio Shack and see if I can pick one up and avoid the mail in rebate and about $9.25 saved in sales tax because it would be $100 less from Radio Shack due to not having to deal with the mail in rebate (if I buy from the Sprint store, i would have to pay taxes on $350 rather than $250). If it is sold out at the local Radio Shack, there are several BB's and RS's along the way to the Sprint store where I have my preorder waiting for me.

Upvote 0
I prefer to wait and see how the phone does. While I trust that any issues will be fixed by Samsung in the end, I just want to know exactly what this phone is like once the general public has it. That and if iPods and people whining about different color temp screens have taught me anything, the first week or 2 of any tech tends to be the most inconsistent poor quality batches. Hopefully a week or 2 after the phone is out, all potential software shortcomings will have a workaround or be shown to not matter much in real life application, and just how good or bad the gps is en masse will be known.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones