1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

who hasnt gotten the OTA update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Red_Cheeks, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Red_Cheeks

Red_Cheeks Member

It seems like I'm the only one who hasn't gotten the update. Wtf? Lol... I really don't want to update manually but I might too. I'm in Denver by the way.
    This sucks!

Advertisement

2. deadbroke

deadbroke Lurker

me i think it goes to different cities at different times. i remember reading where the ota is spanning release throughout the week i think you might have to wait like me for a couple more days

3. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Android Enthusiast

Im in the seattle area...no update yet, but I wonder how much of that is that just bought it about 4 hours ago?

4. spuddy026

spuddy026 Lurker

Bought in mid November, Indianapolis, no update yet. Stock

5. stewdog1

stewdog1 Newbie

No update for me.

6. flmike73

flmike73 Lurker

Miami/Ft Lauderdale area, no update here either.

7. alanamaslama

alanamaslama Member

Southern California here. I haven't seen an update yet, nor do I know anyone locally that has.

8. Red_Cheeks

Red_Cheeks Member

Dam this is crazy. Instead of saying that the update is going to come out a certain day, they should juat say its gonna come out s certain week...

9. Member276469

Member276469 Guest

im in arizona. got my update this morning.

10. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast

I didn't wait for OTA. Downloaded the updater onto my laptop at work and updated my phone on the way home yesterday. (I carpool for an hour long commute every day... no, I wasn't driving!)

The manual update wiped the phone and returned it to factory "out of the box" with 2.2.1. I anticipated this, and made a list of all my apps, and shortcut locations on my home screens.

-SF

11. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Android Enthusiast

The update is staggered over a week. If you want it, you can download it from Samsung's site.

12. ewarren29

ewarren29 Well-Known Member

Upstate NY no update here either :(

13. itswaycool

itswaycool Newbie

I have not received it. I live in Louisiana, and I purchased in early October. It seems to be completely random. :mad:

14. TheAlien

TheAlien Member

Nothing here in Las Vegas. And I don't know of anyone else who has gotten it. It's bad enough I've had to wait since the damned thing launched (yep, bought it the day it hit the store), then they tease me with this crap? Good thing the folks responsible for this wonderful delay aren't around me or I'd beat 'em upside the head with my phone till my watch broke!

15. Slow5Ohh

Slow5Ohh Newbie

No update here in Nebraska, but we have a couple days left and there's no reason to hurry.

16. itswaycool

itswaycool Newbie

Do you think it matters if you are on WiFi or not? I leave my phone on Wifi most of the day. Will that inhibit me from receiving the update?

17. tman1986

tman1986 Newbie

i am also in the Indianapolis area and still not OTA update!!!

18. toyman317

toyman317 Member

Indianapolis here as well. My wife got her update notice about 6PM...still waiting on mine. Her update went without a hitch. None of the reported problems present with her update.

19. jcbama85

jcbama85 Newbie

Haven't gotten it. I just got.mine phone last month, so i suspect it will among the last ones. Still stinks.

20. alanamaslama

alanamaslama Member

I was wondering the same thing. I also used JuiceDefender which shuts off 3G/4G/WiFi signals when the screen is off. I wonder if that has any effect on the updates.

21. DnJ90

DnJ90 Lurker

Nothing here in NJ either.

22. linda7585

linda7585 Newbie

DFW Tx and still no update yet. I bought my phone in Dec but don't think it makes a difference though.

23. hayzooos

hayzooos Well-Known Member

Just outside Chicago and no update OTA for me either. However, I took the "plunge" and did update.zip method. Worked without a hitch. I was never rooted, nothing too fancy on my phone. I seriously wouldn't hesitate a second to do it manually, especially if you were in need of it for some strange reason anyway.

Here's what I posted in the other thread if you care to read about my experience:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ep...lation-froyo-finally-here-42.html#post2330526

Total time including backing up (I'm quite anal about that stuff): less than 15 minutes

24. sjtimkojr

sjtimkojr Newbie

I bought mine the first day...no update here in Dallas, TX

25. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Android Enthusiast

I didn't get it .. nj here