• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who here is having GREAT signal strength and call quality?

Could more of you guys try out the "holding the phone from the sides" rather than in a normal fashion and see if reception improves? This seems like a really awkward way to hold the phone though and I wouldn't want to HAVE to do that every time just to get good calls -.-

Upvote 0
My incredible gets bad signal too. Just got it a week ago and the signal is worse that when i had my iPhone. I travel a lot so my towers are switching all the time and keeps dropping calls all the time. Did Verizon give you any problems when you tried to exchange it? :thinking:

None at all. Though I brought it into a store thinking I could do it there, but since I bought it online I had to send it back.

Upvote 0
This may sound bad at first but read on...
I was talking to my brother today and kept getting a popup on my phone saying something like "call halted due to low signal issues" and then had a button that said dismiss. I would press that and say hello around 3-5 times and get my brother back. During a 10 minute call this happened around 6 or 7 times.

When I got off the phone I called customer service to see if there was tower trouble in my area. It was overcast today but thought maybe a tower got struck by lightning or something cuz I really haven't had any major signal issues with it so far. The CSR said there were no tickets up and they were transferring me to tech support.

While waiting for tech support (on a landline) I looked at my phone location. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but it shows your location as the nearest city to the tower you are running off of. Normally my location shows as Miller or Ree Heights (South Dakota), but it now said Grandview. I had never heard of that town. I cycled my phone and it went to Ree Heights. I mentioned this and asked if with it being overcast, is it possible to get a different tower which maybe farther away than my home tower, similar to having the atmospheric conditions right to get radio from Chicago or even Mexico (my older brother used to try this when he was in high school). He said that's very possible as atmospheric conditions can greatly affect mobile signal strengths. He went on to say that if signal became an issue we could always get a network extender and so on.

After finishing that call I looked up Grandview, SD. It is about 90-100 miles line of sight away! Now with my location showing as my home tower I called back my brother and had a 20 minute conversation with no hiccups whatsoever. An odd tale I know but I thought some of ya might get a kick out of it, I knew it threw me for a loop when I saw that.:)

Upvote 0
ok where do i find this dbm setting? curious as to what mine says.

At the home screen press the menu button at the bottom, select settings, scroll down and select about phone, then select network, and signal strength should be the second from the top. The range is -50dBm is the best, -125dBm is bordering on no signal. I get around -92 to -102dBm living in a rural area about 20-25 miles (about the edge of the tower's range) from the tower.

Reactions: alison03
Upvote 0
My signal strength and call quality has been great (scale 1 to 10; 9), I was 15 to 20ft below ground level, received a call and had no problem hearing the person, nor did the person on the other end have any problems hearing me. The SIGNAL BARS always increase when I am in conversation call or receiving mode. I thought that was awesome for this phone to be that deep under ground level, and received and send signal for conversation.

Upvote 0
My signal is pretty much always -85 to -95 no matter where I am. This is alot better than the zero signal I had with ATT at work.

As for call quality, my calls on ATT seem to sound better. With Verizon, it often sounds more "digital" "boxy". It is hard to describe. I think it might just be the difference between ATT and verizon because I would hear it if I called my friend on verizon, but not with other people. I guess it could be their phone.

I havent had any dropped calls and my data speed has been good though.

Upvote 0
My call quality has been excellent (compared to my former Palm Centro). Signal strength is 3 bars at work and 1 at home (Verizon signal is weak in our neighborhood). No problems.

Battery life is okay (a little better than my Centro) I am down to around 25-40% at the end of the day leaving it unplugged for 16+ hrs. I leave it charging overnight, so it is good to go for the next day. I have a 1750mh battery on order.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones