1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Who here is overclocked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by suv1186, Nov 4, 2010.

1. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Marine Engineer
    Seattle
    Who here is overclocked? Does it make a huge difference? Is it really that bad for my phone? What's the best way to do it?

Appreciate any input. :)

Advertisement

2. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Marine Engineer
    Seattle
    Haha perfectly executed mxs

mxsjw likes this.
  3. i.am.root

i.am.root Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I have never experienced anything bad from overclocking and I overclock everything lol including my computer. I guess I'm lucky.

Right now I am running apex v1.0 @ 1.3ghz, so overclocked 300mhz. And yes, it is a bit snappier. Things load faster and run smoother.

Give it a try. If it seems unstable, then don't overclock.

4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
  5. Aaaahhhh... so you've had problems with the dialer as well eh? This was driving me crazy for the past few weeks after downloading the DX/D2 Overclock app off of the market. I honestly didn't know what was causing my phone to randomly reboot, but it was getting REALLY ridiculous! A lot of times it would happen when closing one app and opening another, but it almost ALWAYS would occur when I was in dialer.

It was strange because I had OC's with FreeWELL and Beesley's method just fine. Then I got that app and my phone got really unstable. I thought I had ruled out the OC app because I went back in and picked the stock clock speed... which to me was sort of like turning the app off. But the instability remained. Then last night I decided to go in and freeze the app via Titanium Backup and my phone has run smooth as silk all day long. Doesn't seem posible it's just a coincidence. I was thinking I'd delete that app and try the other OC app and see if my phone reacted any better to it.

Anyone else have any problems with the DX/D2 app?

6. mrstealthusmc

mrstealthusmc Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    overclocked here to 1.4ghz with the milestone overclocker app. took a few trys to dial in the correct voltage numbers, but now i am fully stable and loving it. its definitely a trial and error thing.

7. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Just one time.