• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who is leaving for the Galaxy S?

Getting the Galaxy S?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters
What are you going with then? I had the Slide but was thoroughly unimpressed with the construction and decided that I really don't like the physical keyboard. I see you have/had the Cliq, so maybe you like the keyboard. For TMobile, I don't see a better option for me.

I am in a Cliq right now so I am pretty content to stay put for now but if I had to choose a phone that should be coming soon on T-mobile probably the Motorola XT720.

Not being a fanboy of Motorola but they have a better track record IMO.

3.7 inch WVGA touchscreen display and runs on Android 2.1, 8MP autofocus camera with Xenon flash and HD video recording, HDMI and 8GB of internal memory.

Sure it only runs around 720MHz but would you rather have a pinto strapped to a rocketship or a new Camaro?.......... That rocketship powered pinto will be fast but will it last?

I do agree with the keyboard on the Slide it does not feel like its well constructed from how much I played with it (my buddy got one friday and I played with it for a bit at the Reds game today).

Upvote 0
LOL I love the assumption that Samsung is going to drop all support after 6 months. You do realize that there won't even be another Android update for another year right? At that point, a lot of us will be going for the next big thing. So really, whether or not Samsung updates this phone beyond 2.2 is really a moot point.

Yearly Android OS updates comes after Android 3.0 Gingerbread, which is rumored to be released by the end of this year. After that, it's yearly OS updates.

Upvote 0
Yearly Android OS updates comes after Android 3.0 Gingerbread, which is rumored to be released by the end of this year. After that, it's yearly OS updates.

And it will take T-mobile 6 months to get a decent gimmickless phone that runs gingerbread so by the time its released it will only be 6 months until it too is outdated and another 6 months before it gets updated to 3.1.

I have lost all faith in T-mobile to push for updates.

Upvote 0
Well think of it this way who on earth wants an AT&T Android did you not hear what they did with backflip and Aria? and I have no doubt in my mind that they would do it again.

They don't allow unlicensed apps and can't be rooted at the moment but the Aria i believe has the same processor as the MT3GS and is $100 cheaper (before the MT3GS's MIR) and IMO it is a better looking phone.

Upvote 0
They don't allow unlicensed apps and can't be rooted at the moment but the Aria i believe has the same processor as the MT3GS and is $100 cheaper (before the MT3GS's MIR) and IMO it is a better looking phone.

You forgot the Aria also has less RAM, a smaller Screen, No Flash for the Camera, 2 GB SD card Instead of the 8GB and no Keyboard. I think having those are worth the $100 extra.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones