• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who is or has bought their phones outright , Any one ?

Whichever phone I get next(might be the S4) I will be paying in full. Verizon and At&t can shove these share plans up their nose. Those plans are absurd and they need a complete overhaul.

I am keeping unlimited until Verizon finally decides that no one can have it anymore.

And if I am paying full price for a phone my plan should be cheaper too! But that will NEVER happen.

Upvote 0
I preordered mine today at full price. I'm not eligible for an upgrade, and even if I was I don't want to sign another VZW contract and lose unlimited data.

You can see if you qualify for the finance plan. Apparently you won't lose your data, because you are paying the full price of the phone, just not all up front. Something to at least consider. Still a very new policy for VZW, believe it started late last month.

Upvote 0
The way I see it...I buy the S4 for $650. I can use it for a few months and sell it still for at least $300. That makes it 50% return worse case scenario.

In many cases, it will still be $500+ in 3-4 months.

THIS!.... ive bought my last two phones outright, by upgrading while ebay resales are still high on my current to a new device, and end up paying 200 aprox. anyways, so in that respect its the same difference realy, not losing my unlimited data when i use in excess of 6gb regularly all the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones