• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who Sits on TOP at Verizon?

Who will sit on top at VZW?

• Motorola Droid

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • HTC Nexus One

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • HTC Incredible

Votes: 32 39.0%

• Total voters

JrzDroid

Android Expert
Nov 30, 2009
NJ
The Incredible and N1 are coming to VZW. With the arrival of these two top tier phones who do you think will sit on top at Verizon Android Food Chain?

fk0h0p.jpg

2gtwyf9.jpg

2uraw04.jpg

That's a good question and it really hinges on how isolated Nexus One support and availability is. Will Verizon be completely hands off with support as well as sales? I can say right now that I'm a heavy Nexus One lean, regardless. I'm not liking some of the design cues of the Incredible and it doesn't look to have any groundbreaking features over the Nexus One.

Upvote 0
Much is unknown about the Incredible. If it comes with 512MB I think that I would rather have it than the N1. If it's only 256MB, I would probably lean towards the Nexus. I do like the optical trackpad on the Incredible verses the ball on the N1 though.

Like Homer Simpson said "There's just so much I don't know about astrophysics."

Upvote 0
keep in mind that on this forum we're all "enthusiasts" to some degree. the general public always wants the newest, which their minds process like this "newest = best".

Kyler made a good point about N1 isolation but something in my gut tells me the Incredible might be released first and then the N1, which makes me lean towards the N1...But there a lot of factor: hardware specs, and release dates, and support, yes; but also price, raw Android versus Sense UI, etc.

regardless of which one lives at the top, the next step down to either of the two phones the OP mentioned isn't very far behind.

Upvote 0
well this year is definitely going to be an exciting year for the Android OS. The Droid really lit a fire and the N1 just threw some gas on it. WinMo, Apple, RIM and Palm really didn't think a Google powered OS was going to be a big contender but guess what, we grow day by day.
Since Verizon joined the little green party Networks have been announcing a new phone every week it seems. The Incredible and N1 are coming, and they might be the two most powerful Android phones on the market next to the Droid. We just all have to remember that we are the same family, no fighting which phone is better.

I still have a feeling that Verizon is hiding something like a 2nd Droid. They paid Lucas quite a sum of money for the right to use that name and i believe the DROID is going to be like the Iphone, a brand. Newer versions every so often. HTC might have some powerful phones, but marketing is everything.

Upvote 0
I hope the Droid continues as a line as JrzDroid says! They should keep a line with a physical keyboard. I didn't have an iPhone but practically used an iPod touch as my phone so I was used to software keyboard, but the physical keyboard gets easier to use much quicker than a software one.

That being said, within the two years of my contract I want the N1 or Incredible to outpace and out-innovate Droid so Moto doesn't get lazy again.

Upvote 0
HTC is gonna keep doing what it does, provide the android community with top notch phones. The N1 is only the beginning. Motorola better not get lazy or when Droid users see HTC devices, they are gonna jump ship.

Look at Verizon right now, its the Eris and the Droid. Verizon dumped so much money into marketing there was no way they were gonna allow HTC to sneak in with a device that overshadows their baby. Who knows, maybe the N1 will become Verizons new weapon. Tmo sure hasn't pushed the N1.

If At&t does indeed keep exclusivity with the Iphone, the N1 could be just what the doctor ordered.

then again, those Droid Does commercials are really good . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones