• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who Supports an Imported Galaxy S2?

jw nyc

Mar 31, 2010
So I bought my Galaxy S2 from Expansys-USA but wanted to know who would support it in case I have a problem. Would Samsung provide support to a US customer with a UK phone or would I have to get insurance from a company like SquareTrade? Thanks for the help.

So I bought my Galaxy S2 from Expansys-USA but wanted to know who would support it in case I have a problem. Would Samsung provide support to a US customer with a UK phone or would I have to get insurance from a company like SquareTrade? Thanks for the help.

Why wouldn't Expansys support it? I assume by your moniker that you are in the US but even if you aren't couldn't you send it back to them if you had a problem.

I don't know anything about consumer protection law in the US but contract law is basically the same in the UK and US and in the UK, retailers are obliged to provide support (in the sense of replacing a defective phone) although that may be down to the definition of merchantable quality which probably doesn't apply in US.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones