• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who to start (Week 9)

NOVAdroid2151

Jul 20, 2010
Northern, VA
Hey everyone!
So I am in a NON-PPR league. Who should I start at RB and WR?

2 RB slots
2 WR Slots
1 RB/WR option

Thomas Jones vs. OAK
Brandon Jackson vs. DAL
Ryan Matthews vs. HOU
Mike Tolbert vs. HOU

Anquan Boldin vs. MIA
Jeremy Maclin vs. INDY
Marques Colston vs. CAR
Mike Wallace vs. CIN
Steve Johnson vs. CHI

I am leaning towards Thomas Jones / Mike Tolbert (7 weeks at least a TD) and leaning for Boldin/Maclin ... Then possibly Steve Johnson in the RB/WR Slot?

Suggestions?!
Thanks!

Hey everyone!
So I am in a NON-PPR league. Who should I start at RB and WR?

2 RB slots
2 WR Slots
1 RB/WR option

Thomas Jones vs. OAK
Brandon Jackson vs. DAL
Ryan Matthews vs. HOU
Mike Tolbert vs. HOU

Anquan Boldin vs. MIA
Jeremy Maclin vs. INDY
Marques Colston vs. CAR
Mike Wallace vs. CIN
Steve Johnson vs. CHI

I am leaning towards Thomas Jones / Mike Tolbert (7 weeks at least a TD) and leaning for Boldin/Maclin ... Then possibly Steve Johnson in the RB/WR Slot?

Suggestions?!
Thanks!

You're almost there. But you need to put Mike Wallace in the mix!

Upvote 0
Thomas Jones vs. OAK
Brandon Jackson vs. DAL
Ryan Matthews vs. HOU
Mike Tolbert vs. HOU

Anquan Boldin vs. MIA
Jeremy Maclin vs. INDY
Marques Colston vs. CAR
Mike Wallace vs. CIN
Steve Johnson vs. CHI

I think Johnson will do well, and you can't beat Brees throwing to Colston against Carolina. Their running game has traditionally had issues against the panthers, but I think they'll come out with some big passing plays. As far as the top RB spots, matthews shouldn't even be in the mix anymore. Tolbert for sure.

Mike Wallace is also a great option, maybe instead of Steve Johnson, but it's up to you. There's no telling whether the Bengals D will do well against the pass play or not.

Upvote 0
Thomas Jones vs. OAK
Brandon Jackson vs. DAL
Ryan Matthews vs. HOU
Mike Tolbert vs. HOU

Anquan Boldin vs. MIA
Jeremy Maclin vs. INDY
Marques Colston vs. CAR
Mike Wallace vs. CIN
Steve Johnson vs. CHI

I think Johnson will do well, and you can't beat Brees throwing to Colston against Carolina. Their running game has traditionally had issues against the panthers, but I think they'll come out with some big passing plays. As far as the top RB spots, matthews shouldn't even be in the mix anymore. Tolbert for sure.

Mike Wallace is also a great option, maybe instead of Steve Johnson, but it's up to you. There's no telling whether the Bengals D will do well against the pass play or not.

Why would you not wanna play Thomas Jones? The Raiders have the 28th ranked Defense against the Run. Also, The Chiefs average over 40 run plays a game. Even if Charles and Jones, split 20 20 carries, they are still producing.
Not trying to argue or anything, just wondering. I thought he would be a lock for me this week. Brandon Jackson gets about 7 points for me a game, but I could see more with the Cowboys D. I also have Aaron Rodgers at QB, so might be able to get a double dip TD.

Upvote 0
Boldin, Maclin, Johnson. Jones and Matthews (I think this is his breakout week).

I kind of agree with you.. last week he got me 11.4 points (first week I sat him on the bench this year).

He sat most of it with an injury. Tolbert steals TD's but Houston's defense is weak. I am just worried they are going to throw 80% of the time like they always do even without their WRs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones