• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Who wants a broken Evo??

Was this the that was dropped with the broken screen?

With all the problems we see here, its hard to remember who was who.

If I go any further into this ROM development thing, itd be nice to have a test phone so I dont have to nandroid, flash the new build, find out it doesnt boot work and then restore lol

However, if its fixable someone on here could probably use it as their actual phone, so if they needed it theyd have first go

Upvote 0
I am real sorry to hear you think your phone is toast. i missed where you went through the trouble shooting of it. Have you really exhausted all the possibilities here, do you think?

Won't they give you a new phone for $100? If so, if you saved that up, wouldn't they want the old phone back too?

I saw somewhere you said you think something might be loose inside?

If you really have tried everything the guys here can think of, maybe you should take a look at this?

replace evo 4g screen - YouTube

It is talking about replacing the screen on the evo. I know you say it isn't broken, but they take about everything loose in the video. maybe you could take it apart with the instructions and find something loose or broken and fix it?

Reactions: parkerskouson
Upvote 0
I am real sorry to hear you think your phone is toast. i missed where you went through the trouble shooting of it. Have you really exhausted all the possibilities here, do you think?

Won't they give you a new phone for $100? If so, if you saved that up, wouldn't they want the old phone back too?

I saw somewhere you said you think something might be loose inside?

If you really have tried everything the guys here can think of, maybe you should take a look at this?

replace evo 4g screen - YouTube

It is talking about replacing the screen on the evo. I know you say it isn't broken, but they take about everything loose in the video. maybe you could take it apart with the instructions and find something loose or broken and fix it?
yes, everything i know has been tried....

Upvote 0
Park just remember the phone doesn't work now so the only thing that can go wrong at this point is nothing. Personally if your having a hardware issue I don't think the phone being rooted or not should disclaim a fix. I would have told that lady a thing or two she would have been happy to fix it just to shut me up. I pay them way to much money for them to treat me like some ignorant child.

Upvote 0
you said the screen isn't broken and that you thought it might have something loose inside. I thought, any way... :p

I am just referencing those videos cause they tell how to get inside and what you should expect to see when in there. what should be connected to what.

I don't really know what your phone is doing, otherwise, or what you have done to try to fix it. Just think that if the first paragraph assumptions are valid, you might want to take a look at the vids and see if going in to the evo yourself is something you feel up to. On the off chance something DID come loose and you might be able to see it, or ID some other part that was obviously broken and repair or replace it.

Upvote 0
Park just remember the phone doesn't work now so the only thing that can go wrong at this point is nothing. Personally if your having a hardware issue I don't think the phone being rooted or not should disclaim a fix. I would have told that lady a thing or two she would have been happy to fix it just to shut me up. I pay them way to much money for them to treat me like some ignorant child.

I heard that all the way over here! :p

Upvote 0

wish that was the case. ignorate lady was like, no you cant have it fixed, no exceptions, had my dad not been standing there,, FUN TIMES!!!!

Upvote 0
wish that was the case. ignorate lady was like, no you cant have it fixed, no exceptions, had my dad not been standing there,, FUN TIMES!!!!

I hear ya still I would have told the lady I aint asking you I'm telling you to fix it I pay you people way to much money to for you to dictate to me. You will do as I ask and you will do it in a proper and timely manner.

sndh*** oh well crapola I sorry I get very excited and worked up when companies do crap like this it's like hey you enjoy eating fix my stuff or I will spend my every last breath if necessary to destroy your company. Its a major pet peve of mine. Don't take my money and then don't even offer to help me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones