1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Who wants to be a baseband tester

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by niteNarmor, Aug 16, 2012.

1. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert

Need someone to test out a way to update their Sprint baseband w/o having to go back to stock. Anyone interested?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Not sure if this helps but this thread shows how this was achieved for boost. Good luck!
    http://androidforums.com/transform-
    ultra-all-things-root/598739-ff27-baseband-manual-update-instructions.html

3. niteNarmor

Your right but being as that is boost specific, ph8al and I have been working on one that is sprint specific.

We just need a tester. Thanks anyways.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

4. PH8AL

PH8AL Android Enthusiast

Thats us, nite is working with me on this for the Sprint folks.

I have the file ready to go would like to have it tested before I post the link for it.

Just going to add it to that thread and change the name.

5. xaelith

xaelith Android Enthusiast

I'd be willingg to test, though I'm not sure if it'll do much good since I already have the FG11 baseband. Would love to be able to include the baseband update to my backup as well, and fully willing to give you guys credit for the results.

What do I need to do?

niteNarmor likes this.
  6. PH8AL

PH8AL Android Enthusiast

The testing is just to check that nothing got corrupted by us transferring it.

You already being up to date doesn't matter because the process removes your current baseband file to your SDcard.

I'll drop you a pm with the details.

Im not worried about credit, only thing I ask for is a thanks where I post it.

niteNarmor deserves some major props from you sprint folks though.
    He was happy with how he had his phone set up when I approached him about getting the file for me. No one responded to his request for the file so he flashed back to stock did the update and had to reroot and restore his phone.
    Y'all know how much a pain in the butt that was.

niteNarmor and xaelith like this.
  7. xaelith

Thanks, PH8AL, got your pm. I'll give it a look when I get some time.

Flashing back to get the update is indeed a pain in the butt. I've flashed three times so far to try to get my backup image going, and that doesn't include the many failures beforehand.

Thanks again, guys. I'll let you know how it went just as soon as I'm able to give it a go. :)

PH8AL likes this.
  8. xaelith

Alright, I've loaded the new file, and all's kosher thus far. Not sure how to tell if there's a diffence, though.

EDIT: also, if this is the file we're hoping for, shouldn't my service have cut out almost immediately when I moved the original to my sdcard?

PH8AL likes this.
  9. PH8AL

PH8AL Android Enthusiast

Evrything still working fine tells me what I need to know.

No, that first line of code only makes a bakcup and the 2nd line overwrites the old with the new.

Thanks for the help. When I get back to my pc I will add this to the thread.

10. PH8AL

PH8AL Android Enthusiast

11. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Android Enthusiast

i went ahead and flashed over to fg11 but i won't be able to really test it until i get to a more populated area. i live outside of Amarillo, TX in a town with a fairly weak 3G signal but ill keep an eye on it and do the occasional speed test and whatnot

PH8AL likes this.
  12. niteNarmor

What does you about phone say?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

13. Ralkkai

says it's FG11

i did run a speed test last night on it and 3G was getting anywhere from 90 to 500 kps which is usual since like i said poor coverage where i live.
    i just ran another test at the end of my with almost full bars(about 200 ft from where i ran the test last night which is odd) and i had 216 ping 708 kps down and 458 up which is the best i've seen in my area without messing with the actual 3G speeds aka battery drainage

niteNarmor likes this.
  14. niteNarmor

So your all good then. Nice speeds too. I don't get those speeds. Glad to see we have had a successful test. Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

15. Ralkkai

no prob lol i guess we can officially mark this up as confirmed working then :p

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews