• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

who will be getting the moto X

Lambertoid

Jun 5, 2012
So I picked up the note 2 when it was released got tired of the size and got the HTC one and I must say it's perfect buttttt my wife needs a new phone so of course I'm gana get the be phone seeing she's ruff on them and the moto X has been on my hit list for a few months now seeing as it's coming to sprint made life a lot easier.. Any one else gana drop there s4 note 2 or HTC one for the moto x

I'm thinking about it. Looking into it now. Need a replacement this winter for my Galaxy Nexus, which has been a good phone for me, but the chip needed more horsepower so I'm sensitive to the tech specs.

I am in your same boat. I have been running CM 10.1.2 and it has been nice but there is definitely lag that drives me crazy sometimes. The Moto X looks very promising but it will come down to price and battery life.

The rumors of the $199 price point is very enticing, I can only hope it hits around that. The battery has had many rumors around it everything from 1500mAh to 2200mAh. I want the maximum battery life from my next smartphone, if it's at 2200mAh I think it will be sufficient. The other rumor that holds promise is of the removable cover and the possibility of a removable battery. This would be cool.

I just bought 2 new Anker 2200mAh batteries for the old Galaxy Nexus and it has breathed new life into the device's lasting power. I had been using the original 1850mAh battery since day one and it was showing it's age.

If the Moto X doesn't deliver then I will wait for the Nexus 5 or even possible one of the upcomint Motorola releases.

We will know a lot more about the Moto X next month.

Upvote 0
I am in your same boat. I have been running CM 10.1.2 and it has been nice but there is definitely lag that drives me crazy sometimes. The Moto X looks very promising but it will come down to price and battery life.

The rumors of the $199 price point is very enticing, I can only hope it hits around that. The battery has had many rumors around it everything from 1500mAh to 2200mAh. I want the maximum battery life from my next smartphone, if it's at 2200mAh I think it will be sufficient. The other rumor that holds promise is of the removable cover and the possibility of a removable battery. This would be cool.

I just bought 2 new Anker 2200mAh batteries for the old Galaxy Nexus and it has breathed new life into the device's lasting power. I had been using the original 1850mAh battery since day one and it was showing it's age.

If the Moto X doesn't deliver then I will wait for the Nexus 5 or even possible one of the upcomint Motorola releases.

We will know a lot more about the Moto X next month.

The battery has been confirmed at 2200mah

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/21/att-moto-x/

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
Motorola moto x already using by Google founder
schmidt-moto-x-2-630x480.jpg

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Where are you guys getting that 199 price point, I would have it so quick at that price because that is pure solid bang for your buck

According to this Forbes report.

There are doubts around where Google will pitch the phone with some speculation it will be at $199. That would be a nudge-type product but Motorola cannot be seen as Google

Upvote 0
I almost got the S4 a few times but kept waiting on the X and the Droid Ultra Maxx came out of no where. I am now passing on the S4. I do like the Maxx for what will be outstanding battery life but I am now 70% certain I will get the X. The latest rumors have it $299 and $349.

I am really wanting the X now, but I am still unsure about it for Verizon. I am starting to lean towards it not actually coming out on Verizon or if it does, not for that price.

Upvote 0
Moto X for me!

My pros...
Moto build quality.
Awesome price if rumors hold up $299-$349.
Basically a very near stock experience.
Great size, not a fan of the GIANT phablets.
Very decent specs- A 720p screen, and a 10mp shooter are fine IMO.
Moto's history with strong radios will be a welcomed edition after the last few years of nonsense with garbage radios and crappy call quality.

All in all I see no real cons...Actually pretty excited about the X

Upvote 0
I am leaning to the Droid Maxx..

BUT if the Moto X has:

HDMI/MHL port
32GB internal
decent battery life with the 2200, I would consider it.

I like the 3500 Battery for the MAXX and still cannot determine if it has a MHL connector or if HDMI is only wireless.. Worst case, I stay on my current DROID RAZR MAXX

I am sure that the Moto X does NOT have an HDMI out. That said with Googles latest invention, no phone will need an HDMI out. I am fairly certain none of the new droids have HDMI out either, it's now officially a thing of the past.

Upvote 0
I am sure that the Moto X does NOT have an HDMI out. That said with Googles latest invention, no phone will need an HDMI out. I am fairly certain none of the new droids have HDMI out either, it's now officially a thing of the past.

That's actually not true. The Chromecast (while cool) does not meet the needs of a micro hdmi port. Chromecast will only stream media from the web. It will NOT stream local files. Google Music should work since it uploads to a cloud library, but if I have a movie in a local folder Chromecast would not be able to push it to the TV.

I'm hoping the Moto X has a micro HDMI. Won't be a deal breaker for me, because anything I have locally I can put on my computer and or my tablet which has HDMI out...

EDIT: I stand corrected http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/25/tip-you-can-play-local-video-files-through-chromecast/

Upvote 0
That's actually not true. The Chromecast (while cool) does not meet the needs of a micro hdmi port. Chromecast will only stream media from the web. It will NOT stream local files. Google Music should work since it uploads to a cloud library, but if I have a movie in a local folder Chromecast would not be able to push it to the TV.

I'm hoping the Moto X has a micro HDMI. Won't be a deal breaker for me, because anything I have locally I can put on my computer and or my tablet which has HDMI out...

EDIT: I stand corrected Tip: You Can Play Local Video Files Through Chromecast – Droid Life

Unfortunately, unless they are different than the test models. They won't have micro HDMI. I have seen all 4 edges and you have headphone jack on top center charging port/micro USB bottom center buttons upper right side and micro sim lower left.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones