• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who would want a white Droid X?

Would you like a white Droid X?

• Yes!

Votes: 32 14.6%
  • No!

Votes: 105 47.9%
  • Depends, would have to see it to really get the full picture.

Votes: 43 19.6%
  • Why? Apple already did it!

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Apple sucks, and I am using my vote to just say that.

Votes: 35 16.0%

• Total voters
Personally, I like the DX's metallic finish though I have a case on mine. Plus white electronics show dirt and fingerprints more.
dirt yeah but not fingerprints. fingerprints are kinda whiteish so they would blend into the case better. go to a store and rub your finger all over the top of a white ds. pointless anyway if they give a white droid x the same plastic finish as the black one that only shows fingerprints on the screen

Upvote 0
I'll work on a white one in CS5 here in a moment, but my work may be cut short as I have to be somewhere in a little bit.

I voted no. I think the iPhone barely manages to pull the white color off. To me, most mobile devices look incredibly cheap and tacky when they're lightly colored, (white, pink, lime green, whatever). I wouldn't be able to stand staring at the device while watching media or doing anything really. The color would constantly nag at my vision. White/Pink PSP, anyone?

I have my old LG Voyager Titanium and I wish I could have gotten the older black one. It makes it look all, "business-y," and boring IMHO. Unless Motorola can pull off a really nice color scheme, I wouldn't want any kind of silver or chrome finish. Perhaps it will look significantly better with this phone, but I'm still weary.

I would, however, be interested in seeing actual solidly colored versions of the phone. Blue, red, etc. I wouldn't necessarily want one, but I imagine they would look pretty sweet as long as button and label colors were changed correspondingly and the main color was bold, instead of some light version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones