• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
My favorite band is System of a Down.

Mostly because I love Metal. It is basically my favorite genre. But also because they are so unique, they have such a different, but amazing, sound and style. It's great.

If you don't know who they are, look up some songs by them.

Upvote 0
Favorite Musician? How about by instrument??

Guitar - John Petrucci

Keyboard - Jordan Rudess

both BADASS musicians, i saw dream theater a couple years ago, they're amazing live

EDIT: Just listened to your stuff, Pretty good man

My favorite band is System of a Down..

i cant beleive i forgot SOAD they're also one of my all time favorites. It's funny how with every new album they released, their sound changed pretty substantially but somehow remained awesome. Not too many bands can pull something like that off

Upvote 0
Favorite Musician? How about by instrument??

Guitar - John Petrucci
Bass - Vail Johnson
Drums - Neil Pert
Keyboard - Jordan Rudess
Sax - David Sanborn
Vocals - Bruce Dickinson

could NOT agree with you more,

but im more of a portnoy fan than a pert fan, but thats just preference.

Dream theater
Symphony X
Adagio
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden
Prog Rock/Metal
Jazz:
Herbie Hancock
Spain

Upvote 0
could NOT agree with you more,

but im more of a portnoy fan than a pert fan, but thats just preference.

Dream theater
Symphony X
Adagio
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden
Prog Rock/Metal
Jazz:
Herbie Hancock
Spain

Ya know I was gonna throw Portnoy in there as my drummer, but Mike and I have several friends in common and although I don't know him personally, I have been told that he is quite the douche! ;-))

I might have subconsciously deducted points for that. ;)

Upvote 0
Ya know I was gonna throw Portnoy in there as my drummer, but Mike and I have several friends in common and although I don't know him personally, I have been told that he is quite the douche! ;-))

I might have subconsciously deducted points for that. ;)

ive never heard this but its definitely beleiveable because when i saw DT play he came out in a gold boxing-robe type dealie that said "portnoy" across the shoulders. That just screamed doucher lol

Upvote 0
Favorite Bands:
Minus The Bear
Dear And The Headlights
Circa Survive
The Dear Hunter
Underoath
Radiohead

Favorite Musicians:
Dave Knudson of Minus the Bear, Botch
Thom Yorke of Radiohead
Ian Metzger of Dear and The Headlights
Spencer Chamberlain of Underoath
Anthony Green of Circa Survive, The Sound of Animals Fighting
Casey Crescenzo of The Dear Hunter, The Recieving End Of Sirens
Erin Tate of Minus The Bear, Kill Sadie

Upvote 0
I like lots of different sounds and artists, I can't pick one.

I'm with you.

Sometimes, while experiencing a particularly effective performance, I'll think "that's my all time favorite."

It could be anything from a BB King guitar solo to the second movement of Beethoven's 5th symphony by the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra to Joe Cocker's "High Time We Went" to Merl Haggard's "I Think I'll Just Sit Here and Drink." ... etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones