• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whoa, Swype?!

I would just try re-downloading the first link he has on his original post and see if that works. If not, try the 2nd? I'm not too sure of the differences other than the theme... I'm pretty sure they can stand alone.

Sorry if I'm confusing you, I've been up for about 24 hours now. I'm coming off of night shift into my weekend :D

Upvote 0
I know this was a while ago but I had the same this pop up on my Incredible this morning. After some investigating on the Swype Beta forum, I found the advice to uninstall the keyboard through Settings - Applications - Swype and then reinstall through the Swype Installer available on the Swpe Beta Website. Apparently the beta versions are only good for 100 days at a time, so I'll have to remember this for next time.

Like I said, I know this is an old post and I'm sure that you aren't having an issue anymore, but since this post popped up on Google, I thought I would post and help someone else. =)

Upvote 0
I still have Swype but now the actual "swype" feature where you trace the word you want to input doesn't work. I can still tap out the letters tho, and send as well. What gives???

UPDATE: Just saw the "trial period has ended, please upgrade" pop up on my phone. Will try the new download and report back.

UPDATE: Did the old "uninstall - reboot - download the new installer - install" routine and back in business. Crisis averted!

:D

Upvote 0
you've got several options,

1. join the beta and get whatever is there each time.
2. google any of the following and look for what you want(HVGA is the screen type that the eris uses, NOT WVGA etc):

swype.HVGA.2.6.47.11856
swype.hvga.2.15.56.17870
Swype.hvga.2.10.52.13753

and of course there are even lower versions that still work good, many of them should work, as stated above, you remove, reboot reinstall and trial is back in play.

all swype versions are "trial" for the most part unless they've been hacked well.

good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones