• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whoops! SD Card Unmounted

I believe you remove the card and put it back in. Turn the phone off first.

No need to power the unit down (see pg. 54 of the manual) - just pop it out and back in.

If you do power it down, there's no need to pop it out and re-insert it, as it gets mounted automatically on every boot (if it is there).

You should be able to reset it by going into the notification panel.

Thanks, I just learned something new - I thought that only applied to whether or not the SD card was made available for mounting by a PC over the USB... but apparently it re-mounts the SD card in Android, too.

eu1

eu1

Upvote 0
No need to power the unit down (see pg. 54 of the manual) - just pop it out and back in.

If you do power it down, there's no need to pop it out and re-insert it, as it gets mounted automatically on every boot (if it is there).

Thanks, I just learned something new - I thought that only applied to whether or not the SD card was made available for mounting by a PC over the USB... but apparently it re-mounts the SD card in Android, too.

eu1

eu1
with full battery power on my droid EVO 'sd card dismounted' and no booting or removing make this error go away; and PC can not see the card; PC does see other sd cards.

Upvote 0
with full battery power on my droid EVO 'sd card dismounted' and no booting or removing make this error go away; and PC can not see the card; PC does see other sd cards.
Probably wasn't necessary to bump this thread, since it is about 1 and a half years old.

Anyway, I'm probably going to say the memory card is shot. Especially if your PC can't see it either. Not much you can do about it but buy a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones