• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's getting a Note 3?

narutoninjakid

Android Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2011
NJ
I've been reading a lot of rumors and I've been really interested in the Note 3 however I told myself I would hold out at least till the Note 4 came out . As the note 2 is still an awesome phone and fulfils my needs. Anyway was just curious to see who's upgrading or are you guys perfectly content with the note 2.:)

Reactions: Hellion420
I've been reading a lot of rumors and I've been really interested in the Note 3 however I told myself I would hold out at least till the Note 4 came out . As the note 2 is still an awesome phone and fulfils my needs. Anyway was just curious to see who's upgrading or are you guys perfectly content with the note 2.:)
I would think the Note 3 screen would be larger still and that alone swayed me into my new Note 2 contract a few weeks ago, anything bigger than this is just not going to work with me but the Note 2 is still a great phone no matter what the next installment comes with. Updates should be coming for a while yet, just look at the S2 recently on the same software as us Note 2 users :)

Upvote 0
Note 2 will still suit my needs. Wonder if they can really keep the price down with the full HD screen with S Pen (Wacom licensing). Probably still use the same S Pen at 1024 levels of pressure.

If anything, I just hope they at least give users pen calibration software and not this auto-calibration nonsense.

Interesting to say the least, but probably still stay with my Note 2 until my contract is up (which is a long while).

Upvote 0
Do you think the battery life would not be affected when they introduce a faster cpu and 1080 screen?

Sent using the force
That depends. If the faster CPU is also an efficient CPU, then battery drain shouldn't be as bad. What good is a fast CPU if it's just wheels spinning in the mud? I would much prefer an efficient CPU over a fast one any day. Look at Intel's chips which has better efficiency over each generation. The newer chips can be clocked lower, use less power and still produce the same results as a higher clocked previous generation chip. Speed is not the factor, efficiency is. The more efficient the chip and architecture is the less power it should consume theoretically.

Of course, everything to deal with battery will be pure speculation at this point. Since Samsung will most likely continue using OLED screens, battery drain should be at a minimal compared to traditional LCD screens. I think RAM does need to be boosted out of necessity as well as the GPU VRAM. Especially if considering S Pen. Heat would be another issue too, right?

Upvote 0
Being a phone junky, I know I'll end up with one. I can tell you that I'll wait until my contract is up, but I haven't done that in years. Just like asking me will I get the Xbox One or PS4? At the moment, I've the the Xbox One fully paid for, but just like last generation, I'll end up with both because I have no will power, I'll cave. Thank god the wife doesn't mind my issues, haha.

Upvote 0
That depends. If the faster CPU is also an efficient CPU, then battery drain shouldn't be as bad. What good is a fast CPU if it's just wheels spinning in the mud? I would much prefer an efficient CPU over a fast one any day. Look at Intel's chips which has better efficiency over each generation. The newer chips can be clocked lower, use less power and still produce the same results as a higher clocked previous generation chip. Speed is not the factor, efficiency is. The more efficient the chip and architecture is the less power it should consume theoretically.

Of course, everything to deal with battery will be pure speculation at this point. Since Samsung will most likely continue using OLED screens, battery drain should be at a minimal compared to traditional LCD screens. I think RAM does need to be boosted out of necessity as well as the GPU VRAM. Especially if considering S Pen. Heat would be another issue too, right?

I hope all the future notes will continue to have a fantastic battery life. I'm not really concerned about speed right now, the phone is more than capable of doing anything I want it to do. Maybe an even better camera sensor would be a welcome feature for future phones in the Note series.

Sent using the force

Upvote 0
Galaxy Note 3 Specs Confirmed By Samsung

some Specs for you guys
:):):)

I would love to get it but I keep telling myself the Note 4 will be even better.

if not a New phone I'm gonna choose between an Ipod Touch 5th generation or the Second Generation Nexus 7. Suggestions Welcome!

Strange article because only a portion of the stats were supposedly "confirmed" by Samsung mobile, but I don't see a link to the source, just arbitrarily mentioning that Samsung mobile confirmed the few stats that they did. It goes on to mix in "rumors" that have been talked about, so if not read carefully, some people may think that all of the mentioned are confirmed.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0
I'm on the fence until more "true to life" leaks come out and more definitive specs. I'm completely happy with my Note 2 and would last another year, no problem. There are certain things that would make me lean towards doing another upgrade on the Note 3, but only if at least one of these factors actually end up coming true:

1) Smaller physical form factor than Note 2, but with bigger screen (just like they did with the S4)
2) Flexible screen that converts phone to tablet screen size (not likely, but would definitely make me buy full price, just to upgrade)
3) Tri-band radios for Sprint

Upvote 0
I'm tempted by the Sony Xperia Z Ultra personally, but it all depends on what nifty things Samsung shows us in the Note 3 really. I'd really like to have the water/dust proof Xperia though, just for the ef of it. Something different.

Love Z ultra shape, that shape is amazing.... but 3000 mah battery & no Camera flash / flashlight killed it for me... Then the Honami i1's got the design & flash right, however it's just not big enough at 5in... plus I made a promise to myself steer note 2 (3100mah) or better.... Note 3 FTW!

Upvote 0
I'm tempted by the Sony Xperia Z Ultra personally, but it all depends on what nifty things Samsung shows us in the Note 3 really. I'd really like to have the water/dust proof Xperia though, just for the ef of it. Something different.

I still really love Sony's designs. I think the only thing that's been hindering their sales is not making phones for non-AT&T providers (or providing the Xperia line on Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile). I think Sony could be in more of the conversations, if they expanded. Just not sure the costs are worth it to Sony.

This only applies to the US, but it's similar to how I felt about Motorola before, where they were practically in bed with Verizon (as far as offering their top of the line android phones). Prior to the Atrix, all of Motorola's top android phones were only offered through Verizon. Once the Atrix (ATT) was released, then the original Photon (Sprint), that's when Motorola started offering some semblance of top tier phones through other providers, but Verizon was still getting the cream of the crop (and still is).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones