1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Whos getting one??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mavictb, Feb 12, 2011.

1. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Reno, NV
    soooo any current gen vibrant owners considering a SGS4G?

I am likely going to get one and keep my current vibrant... I really think the loss of 15gb internal space is not a big deal and should do away with the need of a ext2 or 4 hack (voodoo, oneclick lag fix etc.). no flash tho? Im hoping the gps performs better also.

Advertisement

2. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Programmer
    Burlington, KY
    I'm switching away from Verizon and going to T-Mobile at the end of this month. I think I'm going to go with this phone. I've used Samsung phones before so I'm away of the complaints. I miss the awesome screens and how well they handle videos and games. I don't mind TouchWiz but I might end up using an alternative loader (I'm a bit tired of LauncherPro though).

3. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Reno, NV
    adw is a good choice... or asop. both good launchers. I think the sgs4g will have the issues ironed out and will be the phone the vibrant should have been. is it worth upgrading from the vibrant at full price (500+) no... is it worth 150... yes. the galaxy s II will take till july im guessing to make it to t-mobile and I have an additional upgrade at that time... if it turns out to live up to the hype i will upgrade again.

4. TozyJay

TozyJay Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Programmer
    Burlington, KY
    Yeah I'm not expecting the S2 too soon, although I'm sure it's coming. Either way I'll find some way to upgrade. :)

5. randy10786

randy10786 Member
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    I just got one yesterday. I switched over from Verizon and the original Droid 1. Gotta say I love this phone! Im getting 4G in an area where the map doesnt even say I should!! I just got tired of Verizon WAY overcharging for a smartphone. Went into Tmobile yesterday and came out with a new phone. So far, I dont regret it too much.