• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's planning to get the HTC Evo 3D

Will you be getting the new HTC Evo 3D

• Yes, I'm Sold

Votes: 147 76.2%
  • No, Going to another phone

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Not Sure, Still to soon

Votes: 43 22.3%

• Total voters

LcsEvo

Jun 14, 2010
It has just been anounced. ButI love my Evo and this one has a Dual core. that made me want it. Evo did me well. Im still on my orignal from launch day at 6am.
Tell me If you are planning to get the new one, and if so why have you made this decision so soon.

I am really looking forward to the EVO 3D. I really like my EVO 4G, but the 3D has some amazing specs, and I love the features that Gingerbread and the new HTC Sense bring to the EVO 3D. Plus there are some specs on the 3D that really are appealing to me (qHD display, 1Gb RAM, and the 1.2 ghz dual-core CPU). For me, the 3D features are just and added "bonus." I think the EVO 3D has a lot of WOW.

Upvote 0
One word:

Yes!

I love my current Evo. Its an amazing phone. And I'm a tad disappointed by the lack of the trademark kickstand that made my current phone so distinctive and cool. Also not liking the fact that at present, NFC is a no go - especially considering that Samsung and possibly Apple (rumored) are adopting the technology. Nevertheless, I am way too impressed by the powerhouse of a phone that this is. So I will be in line enthusiastically with cash in hand!

OK, that was actually 99 words and 2 numbers when you include this sentence, but you get the idea.

Upvote 0
I plan on it, but plans do change. I think what is really going to push me one way or the other is how it performs with 3D gaming. I would love to see the playstation store come to the phone (I am not sure if there were plans on making this tegra exclusive), but would also like some of the newr games square enix is rolling out. I am not a huge cell phone gamer, but I don't like limits!

edit: I suppose I would also like to know what the deal with Sprint's 4G is. Are they expanding Wimax? Are they going LTE? At least hearing some new will be better than hearing a whole lot of nothing. Verizon's phones don't look as nice, but I can get a massive discount with them too (though will have to buy the handset outright), so if Verizon is the only one with 4G in my area (uncapped mind you), it might be worth it.

Upvote 0
edit: I suppose I would also like to know what the deal with Sprint's 4G is. Are they expanding Wimax? Are they going LTE? At least hearing some new will be better than hearing a whole lot of nothing. Verizon's phones don't look as nice, but I can get a massive discount with them too (though will have to buy the handset outright), so if Verizon is the only one with 4G in my area (uncapped mind you), it might be worth it.

Thanks for this post, made me finally look up 4G coverage where I live. I previously thought we only had it in Denver which was a bummer since I no longer go to school there, but it looks like we have it in Boulder as well.

And yes, I will definitely be getting them. As for big red, soooooo fed up with them. I really feel like their customer service is getting worse as the years go on. I've been with them ever since my first cell phone and quite frankly I am hoping the jump to Sprint is worth it. The only reservation I have on this phone is whether or not I sign a contract so it is cheaper or just suck it up and pay full price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones