1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whos returning or cancelling their order?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Dec 23, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

I made this post on XDA, where there is a thread filled with primarily depressing reviews on the TFP.

Mine is still on preorder and im considering cancelling, I dont mind the money, but to wait almost 2 months and have it turn out to be shit would be real painful.

I dont care how "small" the issues seem. Im spending a good chunk of money, and i want it all to be perfectly working whether i use the feature or not! That includes GPS, animation flipping, GPS, WiFi, everything!

And if the speed and performance of this is not mind blowing, why am i getting this over the original TF101 for $399 (less if i get preowned)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RoscoeDpG

RoscoeDpG Member

like everything everyone has a diff look on it and u will get the ones that find everything wrong and u will find the ones that love everything, i always make my choice once i get my hands on it and not let others views on it affect mine

3. rsarno

I agree, i just didnt want to wait 2 months to make a determination on my christmas present lol.

However, just now i ordered from BB and its showing instock/processing or something, so hopefully i have it in a week or less. Good thing is, if anything is terribly wrong with it I can walk it into BB and return, rather than mailing.

4. DRUNKENMASTER

DRUNKENMASTER Newbie

I cancelled my order. I'll just wait til the Google Nexus tab comes out.

5. TheKricket

TheKricket Newbie

I'm really thinking about this myself - I'm not buying the so-called "best" tablet out there and dealing with laggy browser performance when a FIRST generation iPad had no issues with this whatsoever.

Toss in the poor GPS, laggy native keyboard (come on - REALLY?!?!?!) - no way - if my unit exhibits these problems - there is no way I'm going to hold on to it.

This isn't a cheapo tablet - this is supposed to be the best - I won't settle for less...

6. rsarno

Amen to that!

7. JackG058

JackG058 Well-Known Member

I have a 1st gen iPad, and it definitely has times in which it lags. You hear people speak of the "checkerboard" pattern while browsing on the iPad for a reason. I'm not saying it is horrible, but it does happen. And programs crash from time to time as well, including the Apple programs. So there truly is no such thing as a perfectly, flawless, device.

8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Browser performance with mine is great, no issues here. Loads pages quickly without trouble.

GPS will be ironed out with updates, it's only a matter of time, imo;) (For those having trouble with GPS)

Keyboard is a little laggy but who uses the stock keyboard anymore. I haven't used a stock keyboard for 2 1/2 years. Installed Swype on my Prime (because wife wanted Swype) and it runs flawlessly;)

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews