1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Who's rooted so far?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chapp1e, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

Since there is already a hack kit out over at xda, I'd figure it'd be interesting to see who has and has not rooted.

I'm holding out for a bit, but I'd really like to kill some of this bloatware and take advantage of free wifi hotspot. :p

Advertisement

2. Not yet but I will soon just to remove the bloat this OS is sweet no need to replace it

3. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

Only to bypass a few candies like tether. No wise to touch it otherwise.

4. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

I am extremely nervous. I can jailbreak an iPhone til the cows come home, but rooting for some reason totally makes me nervous. With the iPhone if there was a problem, just plug the sucker into iTunes and restore. Is there a way to restore the Inspire to factory settings if things don't go well with rooting?

5. Yes there are ways to bring back to original state. Do some research on XDA

Edge1978 likes this.
  6. Allenfx

I happen to have Rom manager premium. For fun I decided to flash a recovery Rom and of course, the current clockwork Rom manager incorrectly identified my phone as the desire hd.

7. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast

OneClickRoot can root it and unroot it with the push of a button. Rooting is the easiest of the steps involved in flashing a ROM. Just find the correct drivers for your phone. That was the hardest part for me because Samsung didn't have drivers that worked on their site. Whats up with that?

8. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

My car and the android market both think my phone is a desire if that's any consolation. I don't think it's your ROM, I think it's the phone, it must be recycled it from the DHD.

9. Allenfx

Once all the updates go round things should start to identify correctly

10. substance12

substance12 Newbie

will one click work? I haven't seen it mentioned at all

11. CWMV

CWMV Newbie

So is this 'rooting' necessary to remove all the bloatware?

12. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

The rooting method seems fairly complex, and there has been no mention on xda of a link or source or instructions on how to flash back the stock rom.

I'm kinda nervous about it too(I used to flash windows 6 roms constantly on an 8525, but this seems much worse)

13. Chew

Chew Android Enthusiast

Yes

14. Blanco720

Blanco720 Android Enthusiast

Personally, everything is SOOOOO new to me, I'm just loving the whole package. Maybe in 5 or 6 months ill be ready to plunge and start modifying it, but for now, HTC made a beautiful phone, and I don't care about the 4 or 5 apps att put on it.

15. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

It's not necessarily to remove AT&T apps, but to enable wifi tethering without paying the extra premium for it, and to enable hsupa for faster upload speeds.

16. Blanco720

Blanco720 Android Enthusiast

I definitely see the merit in rooting for those reasons. I don't have anything to upload from my phone, or my computer really. Nor do I have any devices that need the internet lol. Maybe im a simpleton lol.

17. aimfire72

aimfire72 Newbie

Yeah, I've been watching XDA too... give it a few days, there will probably an easier method to root soon, I'm guessing. Most people have only had the phone less than a day. ;)

18. sarstube

sarstube Member

Waiting until they get an unroot, or I can actually use sideload wonder machine. Which ever comes first. I. Just. Want. SWYPE!

PS there is no one click root method, yet. But I predict there won't be one. I think you still have gold card desire hd.

19. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

When you're ready to do this, hit me up on Facebook. Maybe you could help me through my first root.

20. Allenfx

Just follow xda. They are the best.

21. yea no problem!

22. have to agree

23. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation

I'm probably going to root so I can tether my ipod and remove a few selected apps. Some of AT&T's apps are just redundant.

AT&T Code Scanner? Really?

24. blueb16

blueb16 Lurker

+1. can't wait to get rid of all these bloatwares :mad:

25. Soundchasr

Soundchasr Member

Don't we need to root in order to install apps from the device?