• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whos trading their DX for the iphone

Why is this thread still alive? No one that likes Android would get an iFail on Verizon as it will be waaaay outclassed by the time it came. LTE phones, 2Ghz processors, Gingerbread OS > Same old iPhone in a fragile, pretty glass case.

Like you all mentioned before, keep that p.o.s. off of Verizon's network so the iSheep will stay away and off our network. If you want a crApple product, go get an iPod Touch as it is identical to the iPhone, neither one makes calls.

:cool:

Upvote 0
Actually the multi tasking in Android is only a step better than iPhone but still not as good as WM. Try composing an email on Android and half way through switch to a different app to look something up, say you want to copy somone's telephone number and paste it into the email. Switch back to the mail function and your email is gone! Switch back to contacts and you aren't in that contact anymore! This via holding the Home button.

In WM you get back exactly where you were.

Upvote 0
Actually the multi tasking in Android is only a step better than iPhone but still not as good as WM. Try composing an email on Android and half way through switch to a different app to look something up, say you want to copy somone's telephone number and paste it into the email. Switch back to the mail function and your email is gone! Switch back to contacts and you aren't in that contact anymore! This via holding the Home button.

In WM you get back exactly where you were.

Just tried it with Gmail and Touchdown and they both were where they were in the new mail composition. I am running Froyo though so maybe that could be a factor. This is using the long-press on home method. I was able to go contacts and back.

If I just hit the home button however, Touchdown reverts to the opening screen and loses the composition while Gmail retains its state so it depends on how the apps are written as well. For the most part, going back and forth in Android isn't a problem.

Upvote 0
Why is this thread still alive? No one that likes Android would get an iFail on Verizon as it will be waaaay outclassed by the time it came. LTE phones, 2Ghz processors, Gingerbread OS > Same old iPhone in a fragile, pretty glass case.

Like you all mentioned before, keep that p.o.s. off of Verizon's network so the iSheep will stay away and off our network. If you want a crApple product, go get an iPod Touch as it is identical to the iPhone, neither one makes calls.

:cool:

Yeah because apple rarely changes their phone so when it came on verizon it would be the same one released a few days ago only outdated by however many years it is until it came to verizon. I know i wouldnt switch i like android far to much and the phones also

Upvote 0
Why are so many people quick to call someone a "fanboy" for liking a product or prefering it to something else. To me, a fanboy is someone who is kinda like the iPhone vs Evo video, not having the knowledge and just blindly advocating for a certain device. But it seems like we throw it around so much, just to describe anybody who likes Apple. I've had an iPhone 4 since the day before launch day and it really is a good phone. I live in NC and have had no worse reception than I get on my Droid, and have had 3G 95% of the time. I do have the signal loss thing with the "death grip", but since I slap a case on all my phones anyway, it hasn't bothered me. It's got plenty of things going for it, but even still, I'm returning it. I do prefer the Android OS and so I've reserved my Droid X to replace my Droid (because after moving up to the iPhone 4, I can't take a step down to the Droid, even as good as it is). I do think though, that if the iPhone came to Verizon, it would be a great device and tempting for anyone who stops to objectively consider their choices. Obviously, no phone can stay "the best one yet" for long (think Droid, Droid Incredible, Droid X, Droid 2, Galaxy S, all within about one year), but that doesn't make it irrelevant. Just my two cents...

Reactions: carmendiva and Lars
Upvote 0
Agree who wants a small screen anymore

There are people still out there. I am in a I.T. department and several of my coworkers who have an iphone, said they would like a iphone with a smaller screen than it already has. I guess it just depends on what you use it for, but man I feel like 3.5 is the smallest I would want my screen.

Upvote 0
I do own two itouches lol. I'd never own an iPhone. My Inc died with a hardware problem so I unrooted it and sent it packing. I'm back to my old wm phone until the x comes.

Maybe froyo helps on the task switching issue. It's annoying to lose a half written email because you had to look something up.

Maybe you should try again:D I only have 2.1 and it works fine. flipped out and copied a phone number from my contacts and flipped back to email and pasted it. No problem:eek:

Upvote 0
i'm not going to switch. i use to be a hardcore apple user. but after sitting down with droid inc for about a month. i thoroughly enjoy the android experience and UI. i do love apple games though. so i guess when apple makes a bigger screen, it might switch back for the reason that apple video games are sooooo much better

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones