• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why all the moaning???

It is funny how that works, isn't it? Apple can do no wrong...or so the media thinks.

It's because it's Apple, they only release one phone a year, although last year it was two. How many phones did Samsung release last year, 20-30 was it? Seems there's a new Android coming every few days at the moment from various manufacturers. No wonder the media are not so interested in it.

Upvote 0
Any word on how the radios will be on the V network? I am still using the GNex and know my signal has always been terrible. Any word on Samsung improving these? Not sure how all that stuff works. Why Motorola seems to have great ones and Samsung does not.

Thanks
Ron

Ron, although I've had a number of Samsungs, I'm never optimistic about their radios. I've never had one that was stellar. You just go in expecting them to be OK at best.

Upvote 0
It's because it's Apple, they only release one phone a year, although last year it was two. How many phones did Samsung release last year, 20-30 was it? Seems there's a new Android coming every few days at the moment from various manufacturers. No wonder the media are not so interested in it.

Mike, it's still different in terms of how they're treated. The media waxes poetic about anything Apple. They can come up with a feature that's been on Androids for 2 years and the media treats that feature like it's God's gift to humanity.

Upvote 0
Mike, it's still different in terms of how they're treated. The media waxes poetic about anything Apple. They can come up with a feature that's been on Androids for 2 years and the media treats that feature like it's God's gift to humanity.

The fingerprint reader for one - where it seems that the media is convinced Apple was the pioneer on that one. Imagine if the iPhone came out with a heart rate monitor... It would be revolutionary!

Anyway, I have to agree with your comments on the radio... My experience with the radios have never been stellar as well.

I'm interested in finding out if the 32GB will be available at launch. Something tells me no.

Upvote 0
Every year we hear the same complain about the plastic built of Samsung phone. Also touch wiz being ugly and bloat ware. I admit I am probably one too. But to be honest it will probably be one if not the best phone you can buy. What other phone has all these features?. No phone is perfect but Samsung will sell like crazy and thats why they can take shots at the iphone. They sell just as much if not more as the iphone. The minimal hardware change lets face it Apple been doing it all along. It just works..as they like to say.

Upvote 0
I've dropped my naked plastic GS3 more times than I can count, onto all kinds of surfaces and it's just got a few scratches in the paint, nothing major at all. Compare that to the "poetic" iPhone with it's signature cracked screen and you have a different appreciation for plastic.

I've seen S3s with cracked screens as well, it's not just iPhones. It's something that glass does if impacted too hard, ergo glass cracks, plastic scratches and aluminium dings.

Upvote 0
I've seen S3s with cracked screens as well, it's not just iPhones. It's something that glass does if impacted too hard, ergo glass cracks, plastic scratches and aluminium dings.

Sure, if dropped just the wrong way, the screen will break, no doubt. But it's not even close to the frequency with which I see cracked iPhone screens. S3 and S4s, I rarely see broken screens. iPhones, all the time.

Upvote 0
The M8 is coming out next week. Yet there are only 4 message threads there.

There are so many topics here for S5 before it comes out.

Perhaps people think Samsung should have higher expectation?

I'd say it has more to do with this phone being launched already and the One not launching until next week. There's not as much to discuss. I'm actually following both forums trying to decide between the two.

Upvote 0
The M8 is coming out next week. Yet there are only 4 message threads there.

There are so many topics here for S5 before it comes out.

Perhaps people think Samsung should have higher expectation?

Is that the official name of it? I keep seeing it referred to as the HTC One 2 (M8) and frankly not sure what it's really called. I wonder if people just don't know what it's called. lol!

I have a pretty dated Droid Charge on my Verizon account that needs upgrading and I was thinking about taking out the "M8" on that account.

I'm pretty sure I'll pickup the GS5 on my ATT account.

Upvote 0
Phases,

I think the complaints have a basis in the fact that the rumors painted a picture of this device as being much more than it turned out to be. Aluminum, qhd, etc. It's a nice phone, but it doesn't excite as does the rumored s5 phone. I think, therefore, device rumors and rumor threads are worthless. (inside joke.) :p

Glad someone figured this out.

Upvote 0
4K camera but no 4K for viewing how you see it?

I think Note 4 we will see 2K or 4K viewing.

I don't care about viewing 4K on a 5" screen. Unless you're superman, you'll never see the difference between 2K and 4K on something so tiny.

So why 4K? Because eventually many of us will have 4K TVs. I will probably have one before year's end, so why not get a phone that can shoot 4K video. ;)

You are also probably not aware that down sampled 4K to 2K looks better than regular 2K.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones