• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why am I getting such bad photo quality from my Z3?

jungleexplorer

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2011
Texas
I have always been a fan of Sony cameras and have owned many in my life, but when I got into smartphone, at first I went the Samsung route, starting with the S1. Later I got the S2, S2 Skyrocket, S3 and S4. Now, I have to say here that while I hated these phones because they were glitchy, unstable and slower then molasses, I loved the picture quality of the cameras.

I got my first Xperia (V) given to me and I loved it right from the start. Smooth interface, fast performance and sharp display won me over back to Sony. But the camera on the V, even though a 13MP, never quite gave me the sharp rich pictures I got out of my Samsungs. When it came time to upgrade and I looked at the specs of the Z3, I was like, "Yeah Baby! This camera is gonna be great!". Unfortunately, I now think this might be the worse camera I have ever had on any smartphone. I am not sure where the problem is. Is it the lens, the sensor, or the software?

The pictures I am getting are dull, underexposed and not color correct. The fine detail is non existent. Most of them are grainy and have visible artifacts.

Am I the only one that is seeing this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones