1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why am I not receving my yahoo email anymore

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    My yahoo email stopped coming thru on my phone....why? I have been to AT&T and they were not able to figure it out either. VERY FRUSTRATING and it makes me hate the android.

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    With a google on yahoo mail I see that they have recently encountered some mail server problems. Perhaps you are one of the unfortunate effected. However, if all else fails for you, you might try deleting the mail routine from your phone and set it up again. It will run out and check your settings as you set it up and thus let you know if there is a settings problem on your end. I hope this helps.

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Olbriar probably has the answer. I'm just guessing here, but Yahoo mail worked, so the people being paid to "do things" had no work. So they keep "trying things". Most of those things cause problems for the users. (Corporate version of old saw "If it ain't broke we have no job, so break something.") Was it in November that Yahoo mail stopped coming through Android for a while? I guess they didn't break it bad enough to give them work through the summer.

(It's why road repair work is done so badly these days. If potholes don't pop up every winter, the company has no work. Lay the blacktop on with a trowel but leave enough micropores that freeze and thaw will pop holes out and you'll be back in the spring repaving it. The old roller men who took pride in the smoothness of their roads are all gone.)

gmail.com might not be a "high rent district" address, but at least it works.