1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Why am I receiving two Galaxy S7 updates this month?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by firstavsfan, Jul 30, 2017.

1. firstavsfan

firstavsfan Lurker

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows why I'd get two OS Updates within about two weeks of each other in July? The first one I received was G903PVPU4BQF3 - version 7, which I believe is the latest. The one that is prompting me to install is marked both:
    G930PVPS4BQG1
    G930PSPT4BQG1

My carrier is Sprint. It just seems odd to me to get two OS Updates so close to each other and I'm a little concerned about taking this new update.

Anyone else have the same experience? I cannot find a list of updates and what each one does on the web.

Thanks!
    Christy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. seVer

seVer Android Expert

What does Sprint's changelog info say? They should have a website the breaks it down- I know VZW does.

firstavsfan likes this.
  3. firstavsfan

firstavsfan Lurker

Thanks seVer for mentioning "changelog" - I wasn't coming up with the right words to search on. Alas, I cannot find a good single place that lists all the changes for Sprint - so far. In random forums, I was able to find both my current update described as the June main update (I received around July 5th) and then the one I haven't taken G930PVPS4BQG1, as July Security Updates. This must be a special minor security update, as it's not a big one in size.

If anyone finds a Samsung/Sprint changelog, please let me know and thanks!

4. Eva100

Eva100 Newbie

Not sure where you are I am in the UK and with Tesco Mobile ( O2 network) so the codes will be different but I had an update end of last week and also about a week before that so yes I have also had two close together on my S7

5. firstavsfan

firstavsfan Lurker

Thanks Eva100 for responding. I'm in the US. I did take the update, just found it odd that they two months updates came so close together. Can't be too careful these days. Best to you out in the UK!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews