1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why are 2 calenders always running?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ericmtnbkr, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ericmtnbkr

ericmtnbkr Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Railcar Design Engineer
    Portland, OR
    Hello everybody,

I'm new to smart phones and have a question about my Incredible 2: why are two calenders always running?

When I go to settings>applications>running services 2 calenders are listed. The first says 1 process 2 services and the second says 2 processes 1 service.

Opening the first one lists services as AutoSettingService and ConnectToPCService and process as Calender.

Opening the second calender entry lists services as AutoUploadService and processes as Calender and Media.

So can anyone tell me what those services are and which ones can safely be turned off? I don't sync any outlook calender stuff to my phone so maybe the ConnectToPCService can be killed. I don't us any vcast crap so maybe the Media one can be killed too?

Thanks.

Eric

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    I've never looked that deeply into what services were running. Even if you kill these they might just start back up again automatically.

Why do you want to kill these services? Are you seeing performance issues with your phone?

3. ericmtnbkr

ericmtnbkr Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    Railcar Design Engineer
    Portland, OR
    This is my first experience with a smart phone. I'm trying to get a feel for the phone, understand what is running, why those things are running, whether it's bloatware, and whether it can be turned off.

As far as performance issues, the battery life could be better. It's less than a week old so maybe it needs to be "broken in".

Thanks.

Eric

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

You only need to be concerned about things using CPU. Settings> About Phone> Battery> Battery Use. You can put a shortcut to that on a homescreen.

ericmtnbkr likes this.
  5. AirForceAngler

None

Sep 19, 2011
    It is probably two programs that support the calendar. One is for updating on the phone, the second may be for sending calendar data you put into your phone to your google calendar online. Just a guess, but mine has two running also.

6. moggyman

moggyman Lurker
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Hey Eric, did you get a good answer (rather than 'why do you need to know?'). I have the same query.