• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why are apps not letting my INC sleep?

JMKosmo

Android Expert
Jan 15, 2010
Leeper, PA
I recently installed the official Fox News app and the IMDB app and both apps won't let my Incredible enter sleep mode. My "Up time" and "Awake time" are exactly the same. When I uninstall them; up and awake time are correct. Anyone else have this issue? Is there anyway to fix it so these apps aren't always on?

A lot of apps keep your phone awake and stay online. That's what kills the battery. If there are no settings that let you manually go online in the app, I would recommend either uninstalling the app, or if you can't live without it, install Advanced Task Killer from the Market and set it to automatically kill non-necessary apps every 30 minutes or whatever suites you.

I did and my battery went from having to be charged every 2-3 hours, to running almost all day (I'm a HEAVY user!)

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones