1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why are my 4g speeds so slow?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by txmdrums, Mar 22, 2011.

1. txmdrums

txmdrums Newbie
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    I know for sure that I'm running on 4g (the icon is in the notification bar) however, I'm only getting an average of 1.7 Mbps download, 1.1 Mbps upload. I keep seeing everyone else with these crazy speeds... and well.... the speeds I'm seeing blow.

Anyone happen to know why this may be?

Advertisement

2. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    Seattle Wa
    No idea whats causing it, but i thought id rub my high scores in your face, I'm averaging 27 down and 32 down....absolutely outrageous. I wish i had more use for it. Ha, sorry i know it totally doesnt help you, but I'm bored...

3. Baconrules21

Baconrules21 Newbie
    None

Mar 22, 2011
    It's all determined with your location. At home and almost everywhere else, i get 12 Mbps speeds, but at my friends house and at school, it drops down to .5 - 1 mbps.

Im pretty sure its just because of the location.

4. ironhorse

ironhorse Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 10, 2010
    I was all over the metroplex in texas today and my speeds ranged from 7mb/s up to about 30mb/s down. All depends on where I was.

5. sean76

sean76 Android Expert
    None

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Speed test is nonsense, its fun to watch, but a little outlandish! My phones blows up insanely high numbers on 4G, and I yet to loose the signal wherever I travel in and around the NYC borough! But I would really monitor your speed with how fast your phone gets on websites and pulls the data down, mine is instant. If that's not happening for you, go to a VZW store and test the floor models speed and web quickness. If its blazing past yours, make an exchange. If its the same, well then I would say it has somethimg to do with the 4G spectrum in your area.