1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

why are my pictures black?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MoonSinger, Oct 16, 2014.

1. MoonSinger

MoonSinger Lurker

Some of the pictures I take turn out black, but not all of them. I connected my phone to my computer, and the ones that turned out black were still that way. I'm not sure why it's doing this. Also, pics I take might be fine for a while, but then become black later. Does anyone know what the problem is? I want to fix this if possible I can't seem to find much help online.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

what camera app and gallery app are you using?

3. edcooper714

edcooper714 Well-Known Member

What do you mean "Also, pics I take might be fine for a while, but then become black later."

4. MoonSinger

MoonSinger Lurker

Just the stock apps the phone camp with. "Photo", "gallery" and "camera." I don't have very many apps besides the ones it came with, and those are things like Tetris, and a guitar tuner. Everything else about my phone works, but for some reason my pictures and camera are being wonky.

5. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

I've had this happen.

I recently downloaded a few pics from the internet to use a Facer watch faces. They show as thumbnails in my download gallery folder but are gray when I open them. They show as ?'s in ES file explorer too, they don't open.

6. MoonSinger

MoonSinger Lurker

To the question about at first my pics are OK, and then black, I will take a picture and it will show up for a day or two. Than, it will show up as black a few days later.

7. RobertB-DC

RobertB-DC Well-Known Member

That sounds like some sort of storage corruption. If you copy a good picture to your PC, and it "goes black" on your phone, but is still ok on the PC, I would have to guess that the phone has bad mojo (or more precisely, bad storage) and needs a warranty return.

Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto X (1st Gen) release date was August 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 10MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2200mAh battery.

August 2013
Release Date
Reviews