1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why are so many andorid apps so utterly broken?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by norb, Apr 20, 2016.

1. norb

norb Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2016
    1) Mobi office suite has no spell check, flags rightly speeled words as wrong, then wants you to pay $10 for a spell checker that doesn't even work.

2) File commander no longer can move larger files without freezing up.

3) Android open office has a cursor that jumps many spaces forward whenever I go back to type something in a body of text that already exists. This happens with several keys. The most memorable being the spaces key.

4) FFIX crashes often. Incrdibly often. Even after a 1gb update.

5) And everything breaks everytime a new android come out?

WHY!?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Doesnt sound like an Android problem but an app developer problem. And you'd have to take it up with them. Personally, I don't use any of the apps you mentioned.

1. For office I use Microsoft Office for Android, or WPS.

2. Never used File Commander. I've checked it before and always seemed poorly implemented to me. You may want to look at ES or Astro or Fx. Personally I prefer the app My Files best, but it's a Samsung only app.

3. Never used Android Open Office. From my past check on it, it was never properly coded for Android. Hence obviously broken.

4. Could be related to your device. What device do you have?

5. This may be related to the update itself, especially if it's a major update. It may also be related to how the manufacturer coded the update. If poorly implemented, then it may break stuff. Of course this is related to the manufacturer.

mikedt likes this.