• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why are so many games/apps in Euros/British Pounds?

npro1464

Sep 2, 2010
I recently got my D1, and I'm noticing a lot of the games and apps I might be interested in buying are listed in Euros or British Pounds. I'm in the US, so how would I buy a game like labyrinth if I wanted to? Can I buy games in a different currency and pay for them in $'s?

Also, don't mean to ask a stupid question, but is my phone set it's default location in Europe for some reason? Thanks.

i dont like it for one reason;
my bank has blocked all payments to those areas because of to many debit card frauds.
i have no credit card debt and refuse to use a credit card.

top that a friend of mine did have someone steal his card info. and use it from france i believe....
so im not gonna ask them to remove the block for me or anything.

Upvote 0
my bank has blocked all payments to those areas because of to many debit card frauds.

top that a friend of mine did have someone steal his card info. and use it from france i believe....

It's through google checkout

Upvote 0

Get a prepaid credit card. It should work for you.

Upvote 0
It's through google checkout
i realize that but somehow it does have the block to apps from those areas only.
i called the bank and they explained it to me.

then got online and checked the locations via firefox country locate add on for web sites to dev of apps i couldnt buy and sure enough the apps i cant buy are from there.

i can buy american apps just fine.

it puts it on hold automatically if it is from france, great brittan, etc.

end result, google checkout does not matter. if the app is from there, and the money is going there; my bank blocks it.

Get a prepaid credit card. It should work for you.
i may, except its only use would be to buy apps. i had thought of that.

Upvote 0
cant explain it then....is exactly how it happened.
i was trying to pay through the market place i guess?
what pay options are there?

basically buy my apps from my phone, entered the data into my phone once and have bought them that way since.

can i use google checkout different then how im using whatever im using now? would be nice to be able to pic up apps from other area without unblocking this bank thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones