1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Why are some of my apps not working?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I have an Allview P6 Life, which I've heard is a clone to Gionee's phones, but idk if that really matters.
    Yesterday, my apps like Clash of Clans or Facebook stopped working, as in the screen is either black or white and nothing happens. Other apps seemed to be working fine, however they would freeze and I'd have to restart the phone (fortunately, the option would appear after pressing the power button). I tried deleting the cache on each app, restart the phone multiple times, I even did a factory reset from the settings (now any non pre-installed app isnt working). Scanned for a virus, found none. Just now I entered recovery mode and deleted cache partition. Still the issue persists.
    I have android 5.1 if that is of any help

if I open up 9gag however, it works, and i can browse it for about 30 seconds before it freezes, then shows me the "9gag is unresponsive. would you like to close it?"

im really desperate

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Have you relocated these apps to an sdcard?

3. Multihunter1234

None

Aug 7, 2016
    Male
    I remember doing that few months back on the facebook app, however i had 4.4. back then.

No, I cannot move them on this android, however I assume its from the shitty custom android Allview put into it.

If there's any way I can move those, please tell me.

4. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Yeah, I hadn't heard of it till now. Only 1 Gb RAM. 1.3 Ghz processor. Not really made for heavy gaming.

5. Multihunter1234

None

Aug 7, 2016
    Male
    hehe i know. but the thing is. I bought it in august 2015, served me till now without an issue....enver had this problem before...its not that I just bought it...

and no, I haven't downloaded some wierd shit and on top of that I ran a scan with bitdefender and found nothing malicious

6. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    Unfortunately it is a familiar story. Inexpensive phones have a shorter life span. You did a factory reset already. That is usually the go to. If that doesn't work then we try to flash stock firmware, but I haven't been able to track any down. Maybe call your provider and see if there is firmware available. Also, there are children that peruse this forum(Pokemon Go). Please keep the swearing to a bare minimum.;)

7. Multihunter1234

None

Aug 7, 2016
    Male
    The interesting part tho...

1 hour ago I entered recovery mode and did the factory reset from there. then I let the phone update all the preinstalled apps, downloaded clash of clans. and it worked. entered the game played few minutes. then i close the app, try to open up facebook or the game again, and its back to not working as I've described in the first post.

tho u might be right, maybne its time for a new phone

8. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
    It's just so rare, here at AF at least. Like I said if you can track down some firmware I could help with the install, maybe.