1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Why are some post moved?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rzozaya1969, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    I posted a question about a week ago regarding contact syncing with my mac. I think that the question was pretty open, not tied to a specific phone, but I put that I had a certain phone, and then I got that thread moved to that manufacturer.

I do understand that if the question is: 'how do i modify this button on this phone to do this' or 'what apps should I expect to get installed when I buy this phone' are threads that would be better placed on the manufacturer forums, but some that are generic and only mentioning a model, I think that they should stay on the lounge forum.

Maybe that's just me, I'm just curious and not mad/angry/anything about it, and want to know how to ask questions later on.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    To keep this forum organized. And most of the time, questions ARE tied to a specific phone.

3. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    Yep, I do agree that the forum should be organized and the moderators do a great thing doing this (as well as spending a lot of time doing it ;)), but on some ocasions I do think that some questions are not that specific phone related.

But anyway, I definitely don't want to turn this thread ugly, it's okay. I'll try to organize better my questions :) Thanks sitlet....

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    If you are ever unsure of why a thread was moved, just contact any of us and let us know. Or, if you would rather, click the "report" button on the moved thread and ask us that way. We'll look into it and let you know.

Sitlet hit it square on the nose though, typically questions are phone specific. If you want though, you can PM me the thread you are curious about and I'll look into it a bit more.

andygu3 likes this.