1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why are some sites so difficult to use?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by oldun, Aug 23, 2017.

1. oldun

oldun Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    St Neots, England
    Just recently I have been trying to download some software to root my galaxy phone and I have found many useful sites. However when trying to download the software I am often directed to a site such as below (where do these urls come from!!!):

https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net...QKEEZpcm13YXJlIFNhbXN1bmcSAIgBAQ&ad_type=text

At the top left hand corner of this page are references to the software I need - but they are not links. In the centre of the page is a download link to some useless junk (as far as I am concerned).

How do I proceed to the downloading of my software?

In general I am fed up with sites that litter their pages with highly emphasised links to junk software with the links to their own software almost hidden away.

Rooting of phones is often given support by those advocating thr removal of bloatware from their phones but these websites are encouraging users to add bloatware their computer...life can be weird at time!!!

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I imagine these sites allow people to upload files for free, and the site makes money fro all of this other crap.

mikedt likes this.
  3. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert

Jan 24, 2011
    This might not be happening any more but:

Unboxing - home video, every other word was UH
    Same with rooting - no coherent explanations.I'm hoping most have learned since then.

That's one reason I used Cyanogen Mod. They had a beautifully written step by step explanation of how to root.